What have you done to your K2 today?

They are, at least they were for my truck I dunno if that's a new thing they just started doing tho. So maybe the correct reply is they are now haha

Ya, they started putting them on the 2016's after multiple complaints. My dealer wound up fixing the chips and then I put them on to keep them in good shape going forward.

Ya, they started putting them on the 2016's after multiple complaints. My dealer wound up fixing the chips and then I put them on to keep them in good shape going forward.

Ah, I gotcha. Yeah they should've put them on there from the get go. I agree with you on that one 100%

There is a GM service bulletin on it BTW

#PIT5454 - Paint Chipping on Front Lower Bed Corners

Subject:
Paint Chipping on Front Lower Bed Corners
Models:
2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
2015 Chevrolet Silverado
2014 GMC Sierra 1500
2015 GMC Sierra
The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.
Condition/Concern
Some customers may comment about excessive paint chipping on the front lower bed corners of their
trucks, as shown below. Many of these trucks spend a majority of their time on dirt roads or gravel
roads
Recommendation/Instructions
To better protect this area, a bed corner shield has been developed to protect this area. The shield is
held on with double back tape.
The part numbers are
  • Like 1

These stop paint scratches on the doors? and where do you buy them? Thanks

Simple add on but needed on these trucks. Added the corner guards to the box corners right behind the cab. Should have been something that was standard.

IMG_3036.jpg

Being a service bulletin, can I just go to the dealer and get these for free then? I'm over my 36k so not sure if that would affect it or not.

Oh probably if you book it in as a service. I just didn't want to book yet another appointment with the dealer for something that cost $30 and takes 10 minutes to put on. My time is more valuable to me than to wait around for hours to have something like this done.

• Like 1

will they work on 2015 ? what holds them on ( 3m tape ) ??

Yup they will, same box on the 2014-2016. They do just stick on with 3m tape. I used 3m adhesion promoter as they recommend as well since I had some laying around. Just be sure to line it up put it on right the first time. That 3M tape with the adhesion promoter sticks hard and you do not get a second chance.

Yup they will, same box on the 2014-2016. They do just stick on with 3m tape. I used 3m adhesion promoter as they recommend as well since I had some laying around. Just be sure to line it up put it on right the first time. That 3M tape with the adhesion promoter sticks hard and you do not get a second chance.

thank you for the info.