In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

block8head

What have you done to your K2 today?

Changed the transfer case fluid and greased the two zirks on the tie rod ends. Surprised at how dirty the fluid was at only 27k, fells good to have new ATF in there, also Severe gear in both front and back pumpkins.

Edited by Bobaloo22

how hard was the frameless mirror mod? thinking of doing this myself

If you already have an auto dimming mirror, it is relatively easy with a Gen5DIY harness. Their harness moves the power pin from on slot to another. It also provides a GMLAN tap circuit from the back of the radio.

If you don't have an auto dimming mirror, it'll be more involved as you'll need to get Power ran to the mirror. At that point, you might as well run the auto dim circuits so that your DL3 Driver side will auto dim as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

how hard was the frameless mirror mod? thinking of doing this myself

Not too bad, used the adapter harness from Gen5diy. I also had to add a 12V supply to pin 10. I think this was because my original mirror was not auto dimming.

Were the steel bushings on your 2.0's centered? Mine were not and I couldn't move them so I installed them as was. Just curious. I installed my 2.0 coil-overs this morning before the superbowl and will say you may need a extra person to help slide the bottom of the coil-over on top of the lower control arm. I also changed my sway bar end links with moog since I had to remove them.

Yea, mine were off some. One was real bad and I used a dead blow hammer to get it moved over but still not centered. Thanks for the info on the coil-overs.

• Like 1

I don't know much about Fox, but I have the Bilstein's and my truck rides like a Cadillac compared to the stock ranchos...I have a level so obviously I feel the smaller bumps and what not, but when I hit the bigger bumps the 5100's don't bottom out, night and day difference....

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Do you have the shocks set up to level the truck or a different leveling kit? I have the RC 2" and was wondering about what shocks to choose when the time comes.

Swapped out the Bow ties for Billet ones, had the front windows tinted and changed out all the rear white lights out with LED. Installed the Bakfilp from my 14 onto this 17

Now just deciding which Borla to go with GM, touring or the S-type

50b82b83c003b14298fa2734a388b84c.jpg44d647f2e3426fc311dc9ad2b977cd43.jpg

• Like 1

Newest additions:

• Flowmaster Super 40 muffler swap

• OZ-USA 30" light bar behind the grille

• Desparately needed hand wash

e3216ea95076824ca893d2a5661d5e30.jpg

cf8f86827fa8675b9f88c7fc56e0298f.jpg

https://youtu.be/Ff2yVYJJhBM

I have a vid of better clips coming in exhaust thread if anyone is interested in the Super 40 swap

Edited by quise2024

Installed my power folding switch. 4 bolts and a few tabs and it pops right out and in. I thought the mirror controls did t work at first because the new switch is lighted. You just have to press the buttons 5-6 times to recognize it and then it'll light up.

• Like 1

Installed my power folding switch. 4 bolts and a few tabs and it pops right out and in. I thought the mirror controls did t work at first because the new switch is lighted. You just have to press the buttons 5-6 times to recognize it and then it'll light up.

When you transition from left and right mirror control, it seems that there is a timer delay before the fold button activates. Drove me crazy at first.

• Like 1

I"ve thought about painting my calipers, but don't know which color would look good with the 20" oem chrome wheels and tungsten metallic? and still trying to decide whether it looks good or not

I have that setup with red painted calipers. See my gallery. In my opinion they aren't very visible with the OEM wheels. I'm considering replicas with a more open pattern. I'd like to get someone to video me driving by so I can see how visible they are in motion.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk. My build thread: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/192614-tenscourts-2016-ltzz71-ccsb-4wd-silverado/

Pulled the running boards:

64FC7AB9-3240-498F-8F13-58EB74D3FBCE.jpg

9F843227-102E-483F-8C9E-5AE8BE43F8AB.jpg

• Like 3

Installed the Camaro DBX - Frameless Auto Dimming Mirror! Thanks Alexantics!e20d48fc32ad352e3f2d4927f62bc595.jpg4859c33544c96a25ed32cd5a87901d7c.jpge8198bede5d824460a72d914a6f95e8f.jpg

your factory mirror is auto dimming correct? Would you like to sell it?
  • Like 1

your factory mirror is auto dimming correct? Would you like to sell it?

Well.. my truck is an LT. The factory mirror that came with my truck was non-auto dimming. However, I swapped it for the auto dimming mirror shown in the picture. Still not sure what direction I want to take yet as the frameless mirror is a little smaller than the framed one.

Well.. my truck is an LT. The factory mirror that came with my truck was non-auto dimming. However, I swapped it for the auto dimming mirror shown in the picture. Still not sure what direction I want to take yet as the frameless mirror is a little smaller than the framed one.

i too have an LT, please write my name down somewhere. If you do get rid of it, please pm me.
  • Like 1

Swapped out the Bow ties for Billet ones, had the front windows tinted and changed out all the rear white lights out with LED. Installed the Bakfilp from my 14 onto this 17

Now just deciding which Borla to go with GM, touring or the S-Type

I went with the S-Type and love it, just enough rumble and doesn't sound obnoxious.

Edited by bdkidd01