What have you done to your K2 today?

6 hours ago, pgamboa said:

So are the LEDs themselves white? What makes the blue/red illumination? Is it the lens cover itself?? This is interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i'm pretty sure the LEDs are already blue or red...  below i've added circles to the LEDs that i think are the lights that give the illumination you're talking about.  the light 'travels' thru an opaque plastic -  you can see some of these plastic 'rings' that are from the menu and power/volume knobs in the second pic.  if you can change these LEDs it would likely do the change you want. 

sorry i'm kinda vague on this - i did all this last summer (so over a year ago now) and it's just tough to remember

IMG_1880a.JPG

IMG_1875a.JPG

Edited by bc-chris
  • Like 1

Not as drastic as some of the others but things I have done to mine. 

Blacked out the bowties on the wheels and steering wheel (grill bowtie is factory)

Debadged the doors and tailgate

Plastidipped the chrome "skid plate" below the bumper. Will paint to match next year 

Applied light smoke vinyl to the running lights. Tones done the orange but may need dark

Put real skid plates underneath to replace the plastic from the factory 

skid plates on truck web.jpg

wheel web.jpg

str wheel web.jpg

side web.jpg

back qtr web P.jpg

front web.jpg

skid plates web.jpg

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Deadeye said:

Not as drastic as some of the others but things I have done to mine. 

Blacked out the bowties on the wheels and steering wheel (grill bowtie is factory)

Debadged the doors and tailgate

Plastidipped the chrome "skid plate" below the bumper. Will paint to match next year 

Applied light smoke vinyl to the running lights. Tones done the orange but may need dark

Put real skid plates underneath to replace the plastic from the factory 

skid plates on truck web.jpg

wheel web.jpg

str wheel web.jpg

side web.jpg

back qtr web P.jpg

front web.jpg

skid plates web.jpg

Looks good - good job

Not sure last time I even posted in here but the truck is a bit different now. BDS 6" lift, glide ride leaf springs, moto metal 970 20x10 wheels, 35x12.5r20 Toyo R/T's, Ranch Hand rear bumper, Winjet automotive headlights, Morimoto HID lows, LED highs, Morimoto LED fogs.

Also just got it tinted with SunTek CXP yesterday, will post up pics when I return from vacationa65249ce0c8723a6555d208788b8e210.jpg75fcdbebbd9d922b697ea674b1171ce3.jpg7345aa66b8b6eb03c75e09a4c210e638.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Edited by rdnckhntr94
  • Like 6

22 hours ago, towboater81 said:

Been looking at this bull bar. Looks good is the integrated light bright?

Its bright enough, very floody but isn't nearly as bright as the 2x 12" double rows on the roof.  I was originally planning on getting the lund led bar but decided to get the rough country as it claims to be a lot brighter and was less cost.  The lund claims 54w @ 3k lumens  the RC is 90w @ 7k lumens.  First thing I did when I got it was measure the power as mfr like to inflate their claims but it did actually pull 92W.  I did not use the relay harness the bar shipped with and opted to make my own.  When it gets dark ill go get some comparison video of the lights.

• Like 2

Yes. I have not figured out how or if I can disable the front sensors but leave the rear ones active. [emoji20]

Get a rear only park assist module for your year truck, contact whiteautoandmedia.com to have it programmed for your truck.

• Like 1

5c14ae45d3bbd69b8c635a26493df543.jpg

Finally found some time! My Plug and Play Harness is complete. When I tested before putting the console in, everything worked.

After wrapping everything and installing the console, the 3.5” Aux port is the only thing not working. I made a last minute modification and this may be the reason the aux port is not working.

So tomorrow, I’ll take it out again and recheck. But I am ALMOST there!

Stay tuned!

• Like 5