What have you done to your K2 today?

2 minutes ago, WesternMike said:

Do you have a photo of how yours looked on the truck?

Not acting up right now but the 5th from the right is tempurmental and the 1 led on the right lower step pad is out. But as you can see I like the anzo taillights as well and haven't had issues with them.

20180405_225110.jpg

20180405_225057.jpg

• Like 1

Not acting up right now but the 5th from the right is tempurmental and the 1 led on the right lower step pad is out. But as you can see I like the anzo taillights as well and haven't had issues with them.
20180405_225110.thumb.jpg.f6be8e0c3ebfe2d9900c15ffbc8d4588.jpg
20180405_225057.thumb.jpg.759766a4a0e5aeda58376744d291d05d.jpg

Yours looks amazing. I’m sure ANZO will replace if it’s faulty; there amazing to deal with.

How did you wire it in?

I used a jumper that goes in between the factory 7 pin plug and wiring behind the bumper that gives you a 4 flat behind the bumper and just t-tapped the reverse wire in that harness so none of the factory wiring was compromised. It's not the fact that I can't get it replaced it's the fact that I'm tired of having to replace it plus my bedrug velcro strip doesn't stick to the tailgate anymore because if having to replace it. 

Edited by Da1daonlySully

I used a jumper that goes in between the factory 7 pin plug and wiring behind the bumper that gives you a 4 flat behind the bumper and just t-tapped the reverse wire in that harness so none of the factory wiring was compromised. It's not the fact that I can't get it replaced it's the fact that I'm tired of having to replace it plus my bedrug velcro strip doesn't stick to the tailgate anymore because if having to replace it. 

Does your truck alert that you’re connected to a trailer since your tied into that harness?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No it doesn't and the nice thing about using the harness is the light bar has a 4 flat on it so it makes it really easy to connect it without losing the factory one if you need to tow a small trailer. Picture is the part number and brand I used. As long as you have the factory 7 pin setup,you simply unplug the factory harness from the bumper and it's goes right in between.

Screenshot_20180406-052358_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

After hours of searching for an under seat storage system that would work with my factory sub, I finally decided to make my own storage box. With some 5/8" scrap plywood, "L" brackets, automotive carpet, and a couple hours of measuring with cardboard mock ups, here are the final results.

Pic1.JPG

pic2a.JPG

• Like 8

After hours of searching for an under seat storage system that would work with my factory sub, I finally decided to make my own storage box. With some 5/8" scrap plywood, "L" brackets, automotive carpet, and a couple hours of measuring with cardboard mock ups, here are the final results.
Pic1.thumb.JPG.cf8022defd8d1b0c8093e60031d6f644.JPG
pic2a.thumb.JPG.43a14626b1bbb8bb65c38bb670272e34.JPG

Any chance you could post dimensions and plan for this? Lol looks solid man!!!
  • Like 2

Thanks WesternMike,

I know I threw away the cardboard mock ups. But I believe I still have the dimensions for the cuts. Give me until tomorrow to try and find out what I did with them and I will be sure to post them.

• Like 1

Been far too long since I could list something I have done to my truck.  Today I received my Vitesse Throttle Controller and got it installed.  It was later in the day so I was limited in how much I got to play with it.  My first impression is that this thing really makes the truck accelerate like I expected when I bought it.  No more hesitation.  Nice acceleration which is obviously bad for my gas mileage because I can't keep my foot out of it now.

2bcb0da4ff8549695f8a2bc17f691210.jpg

Finally got around to installing this beauty. Happy birthday to me [emoji51]

I love this setup. Just weary of the little glow cubes. How are you adjusting to them?

I love this setup. Just weary of the little glow cubes. How are you adjusting to them?

I just put it in yesterday afternoon. I’m bout to drive about 7 hours today so i can give a more definitive answer for you. So far though it’s a smooth transition for me. But I’m no stranger to alpines interfaces