Z71 Grill Measurments?

Hey guys,

I was wondering if someone with an LTZ Z71 grill could do a few quick measurments for me?

I'm going to be ordering a light bar with a buddy of mine to save shipping costs,

But since my truck hasn't been delivered yet I can't measure to see what will fit lol.

I am looking to stick a light bar behind the grill and am not sure if a 30" will fit?

I've attached a pic of the sizes I am looking for, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

post-126846-0-09083200-1390553993_thumb.jpg

You might message svtkidd23, as he has already installed a light bar behind the Silverado grille.

You can check out his install thread here: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/155567-installed-my-20inch-led-bar-behind-grill/

Yes, I did notice that thread. However, I am looking for dimensions on the Z71 grill. It's a bit different, having horizontal and vertical slats as showen in the picture I attached.

Anyone else? My dealer is a bit far to drive down just to measure, seeing as my new rig has still not arrived!...

Trying to get ahead of the game here,

Thanks again.

Overall dimensions are the same, the difference is the type of insert. The honeycomb and z71 style will be the samr width and height

On the Z71 style grill "insert" I would like to know the dimensions of the empty space between the slats. If you open up the picture on my first post to full-size I have added arrows showing exactly what I am after.

The width is 26 1/2". Bar to bar is 1". The 2 bars you want is almost 3". About 2 3/4.

Hope that helps.

Hey guys,

I was wondering if someone with an LTZ Z71 grill could do a few quick measurments for me?

I'm going to be ordering a light bar with a buddy of mine to save shipping costs,

But since my truck hasn't been delivered yet I can't measure to see what will fit lol.

I am looking to stick a light bar behind the grill and am not sure if a 30" will fit?

I've attached a pic of the sizes I am looking for, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

attachicon.gifgrill.jpg

Slight topic high-jack:

For those measuring the grille, could you also check the skid plate for me? Is the Z71 front skid plate steel, aluminum, or just a really hard plastic? Thanks!

I don't have the measurements and the way the weather has been it will take me a few days to crawl under there; but its just plastic. I wouldn't even call it really hard. I've been waiting to replace mine; haven't seen anything out yet. Might just make a project out of it when it warms up

Archived