My 2014 with 4-inch BDS Lift and 35" Toyo Tires - No Trimming!

Id be interested to know as well. I have a 6 inch fabtech with the same tires but on 22x11 Fuel's and I rub the plastic portion at the base of the fender closest to the cabin on both sides with the wheel turned in reverse backing down an incline like a driveway.

What's your offset? It looks pretty aggressive.

• 1 month later...

If this 4" lift fits 35x12.50s, then would you be able to do the same with a 2.5" RC and a 1.5" body lift? The tires I really want are the BFG KO2's in 285-65-20 which BFG says are 34.5x11.5 so they are a little narrower. The BDS lift sounds great but not the $2K price. More importantly I live on gravel and do NOT want the tires sticking out past the fenders as my paint would be trashed in no time and don't want flares either.

Thanks

Is this just any BDS 4" or any 4" that can fit these? I'm just not in to spending 2K just on the lift. Love the look!

BDS and Zone Off-road are the only ones I know of that can successfully fit a true 35x12.5x20 on their 4" kits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder why you can run 35" tires on 20" wheels, but BDS and Zone suggest 33" tires for 18" wheels? I'm having the 4.5 Zone put on mine next week and I have 18" wheels and I have a set of 33 and 35 tires. I'm running 33 now, but going to try and squeeze the 35's on it.

I wonder why you can run 35" tires on 20" wheels, but BDS and Zone suggest 33" tires for 18" wheels? I'm having the 4.5 Zone put on mine next week and I have 18" wheels and I have a set of 33 and 35 tires. I'm running 33 now, but going to try and squeeze the 35's on it.

Looking forward to some pics man! I've got the zone 4.5 with 295/60/20s with -12 offset. I believe those tires are 34x11.6. They only rub in reverse but I believe that's only bc of the offset. Good luck though!

I was wondering the same thing and then looked at the backspacing specs for the rims on each combo and the 18" rim has a less backspacing. (Like 4.5 right?) I imagine that may be the culprit. I asked Zone about running a 35x12.5 on a 20x9 rim with the same backspacing and they said you'd need to trim some metal. But a 33x12.5 on a 20x9 w/ 4.5" backspacing would fit without any issue they said.

• Like 1

Thought I'd post this here since I used this thread for research before getting this BDS kit.

Thought I'd add some input after getting the BDS 4" w/ Fox shock upgrade. The ride is so much better than my stock Z71 setup with ReadyLIft leveling kit that the two can't be compared. Not sure if it was the leveling kit that made the ride stiffer or just the way the Rancho Z71 is but the BDS kit rides amazingly well. I used to feel every bump in the road with the Rancho setup and now the ride is smooth. Have Method 20" wheels with 33" Toyo AT2/s.

I plan on getting a set of the King Shocks OEM coilovers for the front, they can make them in custom lengths. Just have to measure the full extended strut length at full drop. I got the rear blocks in this kit because I didn't know if the rear leafs would be stiffer than stock.

Ordered the kit direct from BDS and had it drop shipped for free at a local retailer. It saved me from paying sales tax and came out cheaper than buying locally. I paid about $1200 for install but also got a quote for $800 from a shop a bit further away from me.

Edited by jm77
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering the same thing and then looked at the backspacing specs for the rims on each combo and the 18" rim has a less backspacing. (Like 4.5 right?) I imagine that may be the culprit. I asked Zone about running a 35x12.5 on a 20x9 rim with the same backspacing and they said you'd need to trim some metal. But a 33x12.5 on a 20x9 w/ 4.5" backspacing would fit without any issue they said.

Mike here is your answer...eafe0f56b7e616b51ad5f816d8c47f68.jpg

Just installed them today.

35x12.5x18 on a Zone 4.5, no rubbing at all.

• Like 3

Mike here is your answer...eafe0f56b7e616b51ad5f816d8c47f68.jpg

Just installed them today.

35x12.5x18 on a Zone 4.5, no rubbing at all.

what is your backspacing? And those are 35s? Look smaller than I thought they would. I wonder why the OP's 35s look so much larger..

Edited by Mike1220
  • Like 1