2014+ AFM (Active Fuel Management)

• 1 month later...

I have a 17 Silverado with the 6.2. Will these work for the 17. Ive read where the 17s are a little more complicated. Just bought it so not trying to void any warranty.

I'm using Range AFM Disable (version R8.1) on 2017 Yukon Denali 6.2l - no issues. I leave it plugged in 24/7. I was just interested in AFM disable so didn't buy a tuner - when I go to the dealer I just pull the OBD device - with a tune I'd have to go through the process to remove the tune - easy to overlook when going to the dealer.

Ok. I'm just worried it'll throw a code or mess with the onstar diag

I was worried about the Onstar diagnostics too but as I said my device is in 24/7 and I received my first report via email and there was nothing about anything plugged into the OBD port. I'm waiting for the next one to see if the same occurs.

• 5 months later...

I read driving in manual mode in 5 gear also prevents afm from kicking on. My question is would there be any long term damage caused by driving in 5 gear manual mode all the time except highway? Or is the range afm disabler a safer bet?

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 10:46 AM, Bxnanaz said:

Just swap it into M6 at highway speeds if you dislike it so bad. You shouldn't be able to tell

it will still go into 4 cylinder mode in M6.

I just got the newest version yesterday and I will be sending it back and keeping my older version.  truck went into limp mode and threw a few codes with new version.  With the older version, I don't have any issues come up as long as I unplug it after a few starts.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 7:35 AM, Mtxkidd said:

I put a brand new range device with the latest update on my 16 Sierra Denali 5.3 with 8 speed transmission it worked for a day then got CEL and driving crappy called range directly and they told me that it dosent support the 8 speed tranny yet and to try back in a month or so to see if they have solved the problem. My question is has anybody tried the Diablo sport sprint AFM deactivation device that's the same exact thing as range only turns off AFM I was told there's works with the 8 speed

Bump!

• 1 month later...
On 10/28/2017 at 9:30 AM, batman53201 said:

it will still go into 4 cylinder mode in M6.

I just got the newest version yesterday and I will be sending it back and keeping my older version.  truck went into limp mode and threw a few codes with new version.  With the older version, I don't have any issues come up as long as I unplug it after a few starts.

Just curious how often you get a CEL with the Range?  I get one probably once every 2-3 weeks, the truck goes to limp mode I unplug and plug it back in and it corrects itself.  Wonder what the Range device trips to cause this randomly....still worth it though, IMO.  AFM is terrible

Once I fall out of my warranty I will get a tune.  

Edited by aaronarf

33 minutes ago, aaronarf said:

Just curious how often you get a CEL with the Range?  I get one probably once every 2-3 weeks, the truck goes to limp mode I unplug and plug it back in and it corrects itself.  Wonder what the Range device trips to cause this randomly....still worth it though, IMO.  AFM is terrible

Once I fall out of my warranty I will get a tune.  

My version would only throw a miscommunication code if I left it plugged in for about 10 starts. The newest version put it in limp mode in addition to throwing codes. New version also affected my remote start the first time I tried it. That's why I sent it right back and kept the older version.  I just drive  in M5 unless I'm going on the freeway, then I plug the device in. Totally worth it anyway.  It's not a big hassle to unplug it every  few days.

• 1 month later...