2014+ AFM (Active Fuel Management)

I've been driving in L7 unless I get on the highway, only then will I shift to L8 so AFM can take over. Also in L auto start/stop won't kick in.

I have a few tanks logged with this style and with the colder temps. Will drive the next tank in "D" with AFM and start stop and see how much of a difference that makes.

• Thanks 1

Logged my morning work commute the past 2 days with same route (10 miles one way), traffic, driving and environmental conditions. It's city driving but about 1/3 of the way the limit is 60 MPH. Max speed is 60 MPH, average is 24 MPH. Driving style is for gas economy (Shifts mostly at 2000 RPM, never exceeding 2500 RPM). 

1. 1/28/19 - air temp 55 - Driving in L7 mode so start/stop and AFM disabled - 15.1 MPG
  2. 1/29/19 - air temp 55 - Driving in L8 mode so start/stop disabled and AFM active - 19.1 MPG
  3. 1/29/19 - air temp 72 -Driving in D with start/stop and AFM active - 23.0 MPG
  4. 1/30/19 - air temp 58 - Driving in D with both start/stop and AFM active - 21.5 MPG

Also noted decreases in AAPM, FPM, SCPM and MFPM for my vehicle but increased values for other commuters

Edited by 3tspapat

On 1/23/2019 at 11:56 PM, joshuaandrew14 said:

I feel the AFM switch from V4 to V8 every time it does it. Also, I'd imagine it's because of AFM, but my truck has kind of a rough idle and smells like it runs rich! WTF?

I don't believe this for a second.  You can hear V4 mode, but you can't feel it go in and out.

I can't feel it (although I am rarely in Drive, usually L7) but I can hear it with the Borla ATAK...with the stock exhaust, I could not even tell without seeing the indicator in the cluster.

I don't believe this for a second.  You can hear V4 mode, but you can't feel it go in and out.

Do you want to come drive my truck? It’s noticeable every time. Why would I lie to guys on a forum about this? Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, joshuaandrew14 said:

Do you want to come drive my truck? It’s noticeable every time. Why would I lie to guys on a forum about this? Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe you and was just relaying my truck’s tendency’s ? but I’d love to drive your truck ?

• Like 1

My wife always says she can feel it going in and out....HAAHHAAH

No i'm not off topic...

I can actually feel it kick on and off in my truck with the Borla. I can even hear some flutter.

Back with the stock set up, I could not hear the difference but can still feel the difference.

On our old Honda odyssey, one could not tell or hear the difference at all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, 3tspapat said:

My wife always says she can feel it going in and out....HAAHHAAH

No i'm not off topic...

I can actually feel it kick on and off in my truck with the Borla. I can even hear some flutter.

Back with the stock set up, I could not hear the difference but can still feel the difference.

On our old Honda odyssey, one could not tell or hear the difference at all.

Well I like the way you started the post lol I’m guessing like everything else on these trucks it’s hit or miss. Some have transmission shudders, some can’t get a drivers side grab handle to fit right. I have the 6.2 if that matters but I can definitely hear the switching but again, I’m rarely in Drive.

On 1/30/2019 at 3:13 PM, F4Gary said:

On my 4.3 v6 when it went into v4 mode it could be felt. There was a vibration mainly around 35 mph and 50 mph.

I believe the cause of the vibration in v4 was the flapper valve. After changing to a MBRP exhaust the  vibration is gone and v4 mode can not be felt anymore. 

3 hours ago, ftwhite said:

Can't feel or hear mine. Have to look.
2018 6.2L with MagnaFlow muffler, with factory resonator.
Flapper removed.
No CAI.
Blackbear AFM tune.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I think I know the reason why you can't hear or fell anything.

• Like 1