2014+ AFM (Active Fuel Management)

9 hours ago, Dearmosd said:

anyone receive a Range Technology recently and can comment on the software version on the module. I picked up a used device and before I send it in for update Im curious what is the current software that it comes with

I emailed them last week asking about what version is needed for the 2019 trucks. 

They said 8.6r1 is the current version.

My wife always says she can feel it going in and out....HAAHHAAH
No i'm not off topic...
I can actually feel it kick on and off in my truck with the Borla. I can even hear some flutter.
Back with the stock set up, I could not hear the difference but can still feel the difference.
On our old Honda odyssey, one could not tell or hear the difference at all.

I a 100% agree stock exhaust I couldn’t tell once I did cat back and removed the flapper I could tell. So I just bought a tuner and turned it off. My MPG actually went up lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 2/2/2019 at 8:13 AM, Dearmosd said:

Do you have a sticker stating the version #. I will have to count the blinks when I start it up, supposedly that also tells you the version.

On 2/2/2019 at 3:42 AM, AtlasFBG2 said:

I emailed them last week asking about what version is needed for the 2019 trucks. 

They said 8.6r1 is the current version.

I just got mine today and the version is on the box and I did verify with Range (ordered off their site) and it is as AtlasFBG2 said:

8.6R1

And yes on start up it blinked 8 times, paused and then blinked 6 more then went steady light in, mine is green.

Edited by SS502

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Silver Streak said:

So Shakey, have you sold your Range after getting a tune?

If you buy one used, make sure it has the current updates... V8.6R1

• 3 weeks later...

So stupid question of the day, and no I did not read all 31 pages.  2014 Silverado,  5.3 59,900 miles and automatic of course.  Will doing away with the AFM in town, help the extremely crappy 1-2 or 2-1 shift?? I swear its getting worse, dealer says, "thats just the way it is"  I am assuming I just can turn it off or on as needed? 

• 3 weeks later...

@wmgeorge64 just drive it around in M5 and AFM won't turn on so you can see if it cleans up your shifts and how you like it. If that takes away your crappy shift then get the Range if you don't want a tune. I've been driving in M7 (have 8 speed) for awhile now and just picked up a used Range to see what the difference is in my MPG with and without being able to use that 8th gear. Worked fine for me as I usually do stop and go driving. I only use AFM when I'm taking really long trips. 

On 3/14/2019 at 2:54 PM, K455 said:

I also just received mine yesterday 3-13 for my Trail boss and that is correct v8.6r1 and it shuts off when key is off save on battery

It doesn't run down the battery anymore?  Is this new?