Looks like Corsa has exhaust systems for our trucks now.

The tip is obviously subjective, I think the double tip off one pipe looks like a mid-90s Dodge Intrepid. As for the pipe, can't see the point, this stuff has survived three winters so far. It may not be shiny anymore but that's not important. I don't go for showboy stuff.

I have to agree there, I dislike that double tip Corsa has

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, I can't justify the Corsa $$ on an otherwise stock vehicle. I am super pleased with the 18"magnaflow I put on, love the sound and if most of us are being honest, that's what's important. But not for north of 1K, I'm good!!

Mike

I just had bad luck with my 4" 409 series on my cummins. It's 7 years old this year and it's shot.. But you're right Aluminized steel will be destroyed a lot faster. Being the Corsa system is all polished 304 just like your tips it will always look good for when you go to resell the vehicle. I'm not much of a show person either but with exhaust systems I gotta go for the best. Not trying to stir up the pot.. Just saying from my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not disagreeing I'd prefer an all 304 stainless system, but with trucks your options are narrower for that grade stainless. Now on my Vette there's no F'n way anything but polished 304 stainless w/ ceramic coat is going on it - at least for headers - stock it comes w/ titanium catback which can't be beat!

When I got the truck I wanted a catback ASAP it was way too quiet. Options were flowmaster or magnadrone - Both 400 w/ a 304 tip I chose the flowmaster because it was cheaper and didn't drone in 4cyl mode.

If money was no object and patience was a virtue of mine I'd get a Corsa or better yet borla when they come out

If money was no object and patience was a virtue of mine I'd get a Corsa or better yet borla when they come out

Yeah I'm gonna get a Borla muffler I think. I love the sound of em. Muffler, cut that stupid flapper out, as well as the resonator... Be good to go. I just cant get myself to drop a grand on a cat back system., and see no real gains.

Personally, I can't justify the Corsa $$ on an otherwise stock vehicle. I am super pleased with the 18"magnaflow I put on, love the sound and if most of us are being honest, that's what's important. But not for north of 1K, I'm good!!

Mike

Morphine and Ativan helped with the price. Hell I ordered 2 at $972 each on Amazon. As said I was drugged out of my mind and about to go in to surgery.

Yeah I'm gonna get a Borla muffler I think. I love the sound of em. Muffler, cut that stupid flapper out, as well as the resonator... Be good to go. I just cant get myself to drop a grand on a cat back system., and see no real gains.

You have a Vmax? New version or old?

I was on the fence between getting a bike or vette as a toy - I was torn between Ducati Diavel or 1098 & the new Vmax ($20g!!!!) ended up deciding I was safer in a car & found a perfect example of my dream car '03 Z06

I drop some heavy coin on my Camaro exhaust, I went with Solo performance. I also did 10K worth of engine upgrades.

crushNchowda,

Funny I've witnessed the same with Flowmaster 50 series, Got a friend that has one (FM) on his 14 and the v4 drone is horrible and at idle and V8 it sounds stock. I guess if that's what you like. IMO FM is a waste of money.

You have a Vmax? New version or old?

I was on the fence between getting a bike or vette as a toy - I was torn between Ducati Diavel or 1098 & the new Vmax ($20g!!!!) ended up deciding I was safer in a car & found a perfect example of my dream car '03 Z06

I had a NBS '07 Vmax when I made this account... Then I had a 2013 6.2... Now I just have a lowly 5.3.

By Vmax, I meant a Vortec max.. 6.0.. Not the Yamaha Vmax, which I believe is what youre referring to haha

I drop some heavy coin on my Camaro exhaust, I went with Solo performance. I also did 10K worth of engine upgrades.

crushNchowda,

Funny I've witnessed the same with Flowmaster 50 series, Got a friend that has one (FM) on his 14 and the v4 drone is horrible and at idle and V8 it sounds stock. I guess if that's what you like. IMO FM is a waste of money.

Depends on the muffler, the 50 series doesn't drone the others do drone. I know all about drone w/ magnaflow ran their systems on TWO AFM equipped vehicles, one an 07 Silverado 5.3 and the other an 08 G8 GT. Both drone like SOB. Got rid of AFM and fixed the problem.

Why did I buy them if they drone? On truck AFM was brand new didn't realize it was going to do it. On the G8 it was best bang for the buck on a 304 system and I guess I didn't learn my lesson lol! Tune out AFM

I think Corsa along with Borla make some of the best quality exhaust systems. Personally I love the sound of the Corsa on cars. On the GM trucks I love the sound of Corsa at idle only. I think the Corsa has a little bit of a glass pack sound under hard throttle. I wish it was deep and throaty under throttle like it does at idle. I think a truck should be nice and deep. I don't like any popping or raspy sound that some straight threw designed mufflers sound like. I do however love that Corsa along with Borla both promise no interior drone and are great for increasing performance. Personally I like the sound of chambered mufflers but they sound horrible in V4 mode. I want to do an exhaust so bad, but can't decide what to go with. I can get straight threw muffler with no drone and sounds awesome at idle. Or chambered that sounds good under throttle. Yet another tough decision!

I agree.. Any sound clip I hear of Corsa sounds super raspy and harsh. I think that's the main reason I haven't bought corsa. I had Borla before and loved the sound. Likely the choice I'll go with this time around

i WANNNNNNNNNT one!!! I always get the dual angle cut tips, install the system myself but then take it to a muffler shop and have them tack weld the pipes so they wont move and can be easily broken apart if needed, and I have them adjust the tip perfectly tight to the bed so it doesn't hang down like the oem.

EDDFAA10-0573-4837-9480-0CF588EC8EA4_zps

Just got a call from the dyno shop. My exhaust is in! Gotta wait until the 13th for my appointment for install and custom tune. Anyone else have one on order?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived