jmontz32

Just bought a 2014 sierra 4x4 and ordered the 2" kit to level it out. On rough country's website they say that this kit only allows for up to a 32" tire, and I am looking to put 33s. I am new to GM, what's the biggest tires that I can fit?

I've talked to several people about this and they are running 275/60R20 with a two inch lift. Ive been told by two people they are running 275/65R20 with no problems. I've seen one on a dealers lot with 285/65R20 with just a RC front level was told by the sales man they did not rub anywhere but I did not drive the truck.

• Like 2

DanielAcosta i bought the 2" RC leveling kit instead of the 2.5" kit. only difference between the two is that I didn't do a thing to rear block. does this make a difference in tire size? how do you like your toyos? thats the exact tires that I am looking at

DanielAcosta i bought the 2" RC leveling kit instead of the 2.5" kit. only difference between the two is that I didn't do a thing to rear block. does this make a difference in tire size? how do you like your toyos? thats the exact tires that I am looking at

Measure your stock wheelwell height to get a starting point; you should be about 36" in front and 38.5" in the rear if you're stock. I know my tires are about 2.5" taller diameter than stock, so half of that adds to the wheelwell height. Since my front wheelwell is 4" taller than the stock trucks on my dealer's lot, my lift is just over 2.5" in the front with no change to the rear. The level kit, wheels, and tires were already installed by the dealer before I ever saw the truck, so I don't know what brand the level kit is.

The rear is never a problem, so your only concern is clearance at full lock in the front. Besides tire height and lift, the offset of your wheels makes a difference, too, so without doing a test fit, you never know for sure. My tires do not stick out beyond the wheel wells, and just barely clear/touch the back of the front wheelwells at full lock. Pics are in my profile.

Regarding the Toyos: highly recommend. I had these exact tires on my 07 Tundra that I traded for the 14 Sierra. They were excellent for 65K miles on my Tundra, and so far (17,500 miles) have performed equally well on the Sierra. Part of the appeal for buying this particular Sierra is that it already had the tires on it I would have installed anyway, and it already drove perfectly straight with no vibration, so there was nothing left for me to do besides add a matching spare.

So, measure your wheelwells and make an educated guess based on your wheel offset as to whether or not the 34" Toyos will fit without rubbing. That 1/2 inch might make a difference, but you won't know for sure until you install it. If your stock rake is 2.5 inches or more, which it probably is, I personally would go with the 2.5 instead of the 2.0 kit. If you plan on a lot of hauling that will compress the rear end, you might want to mod the back as well. Good luck.

• 8 months later...

i did the 2 inch RC leveling kit on my 2014 silverado, RC says to run a 32 but you know im going with 33s.. gonna run them on my stock 17s.. ive seen online, people running 35s with just the rc leveling kit on the new 14spost-135286-0-25764500-1413470789_thumb.jpg heres one example

post-135286-0-25764500-1413470789_thumb.jpg

Edited by FlexinChevy
  • Like 1