Vibration in Floorboard, Not Speed/Tire Related

Any body figure this out yet? Starting to drive me nuts, mainly since mine is in the 40mph-50mph range which is what all the roads I drive are. I experimented with double stick tape and it didn't help. It also used to only be in my pedal and now its made its way to the floorboard.

Maybe try this; take the pedal off and slide rubber standoffs, spacers, or bushings onto the bolts so that they are between the pedal and its backing. The spacers need to be just thick enough to prevent the pedal from contacting the backing. Maybe 1/4" tall and 1/2" diameter. Made out of material that's pliable in colder temps.

Something similar to these.

http://www.fastenersplus.com/3-8-id-x-3-4-od-rubber-bushing-pkg-12.html

Edited by 14LTZZ71

• 2 weeks later...

From what I'm reading there is not much of a solution for the vibration problem. I have 2014 6.2l with the max trailering package as I tow a 8000lb toy hauler. Truck tows great but the vibration when towing is getting worse. I'm not sure if this is the same problem as mentioned in this thread but as you can imagine when towing you put a big load on the truck - this is making the vibration bad.

I've already brought the truck in three times to fix problems and with only 6000 miles on it I'm disappointed to have to bring it in another time.

Edited by danh

• 2 weeks later...

I too have this issue. It started a little bit here and there, and now does it every time the truck is running at 1100-1400 RPMs. It is driving me nuts. It actually got worse after I had the GM/Borla Exhaust installed. I have an appointment to take a service director for a ride on Friday.

Edited by 15SierraK2

I too have this issue. It started a little bit here and there, and now does it every time the truck is running at 1100-1400 RPMs. It is driving me nuts. It actually got worse after I had the GM/Borla Exhaust installed. I have an appointment to take a service director for a ride on Friday.

Let us know what you find out, mine is driving me bat shit crazy too but I know if I take it in I will get the standard "operating as designed"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by hotrodz37

Let us know what you find out, mine is driving me bat shit crazy too but I know if I take it in I will get the standard "operating as normal"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Less than 1000 miles on mine and only 3 weeks old....... I already had to bring it back to the dealer after they installed the exhaust because the driverside pipe could be moved up and down by hand. They are already not happy with me, and are trying blame it on the pipe without even seeing it.

Edited by 15SierraK2

• 3 weeks later...

Gotcha so you made a new mount and did not use the one supplied with the RX can?

Different can, but similar mount style. I used the bolting point that holds the top of the windshield washer fluid reservoir, longer bolt, with a spacer. Not my optimum mount but it will do until I can come up with a better solution. That being said, it is holding fine for now. I had to get rid of that vibration. Was killing an otherwise exceptional ride!

I had a vibration that was noticeable all of the time and had what seemed like an exhaust drone as well. After 65 mph if I accelerated at all it was worse. I took it to the dealership and it ended up being the 4 wheel drive not fully disengaging. Problem is fixed and truck drives like its brand new again! Just thought I would share the experience.

• 10 months later...

I was passing a vehicle yesterday and noticed from 80MPH -100MPH (it was a long line of cars lol) but it seemed to go away or lessen when i let off the pedal. Any ideas, gear, drive shaft, motor mounts. Any experience with fixes before i go to the dealer would be helpful. Thanks