Vibration in Floorboard, Not Speed/Tire Related

I just scheduled my first maintenance visit for 2 days from now. In addition to the routine stuff I'm having them look at the vibration issues. I'm sure they will say its nothing, but I will report back. I'm a little disappointed I'm also having them look at 2 other issues as well. AC has a super loud whistling noise when its running (only on AC not on heat), and my backup camera is blurry (almost like something is on the inside of the lense). I'm hoping they don't fight me on these, should be covered under warranty as I just hit 6k miles. 

As for the comment above by JSB81, I seriously hope you are joking about the only option to be to trade... I can't imagine that would be the only option...

• 5 months later...

I have an 09 silverado 1500 5.3. I have been dealing with this issue for about 3 months now. Trying to pinpoint where it's coming from and I have it narrowed down to driveshaft or trans. My u joints feel tight so idk. I have had my mechanic look at it. Nothing. It does it in lower rpm before it needs to downshift. Then when it downshifts it seems to disappear.At first it wasn't that noticeable but now it's getting worse. I was coming down a hill at 60 mph last night and it was shuttering pretty bad. Sounds like something is gonna come apart. Super aggravating. I'm going to try u joint replacement this weekend and see if that helps. I sure hope someone or myself can solve this issue. 

• 5 months later...

I have a 2016 Chevy Silverado 1500 work truck when I first got the truck last year in march  it had a vibration coming from the floorboard and gas pedal. Gm dealership said that there was nothing they could do because I wasn't under warranty.. I took it to my mechanic locally I did all my requirements of keeping oil changes anyting related to my 2016 truck they did I've had it in there one to two times a month since March of 2019 for a continuing vibration from 2 miles an hour to 80 miles an hour it feels like I have a broken bearing in the front end wheel bearing they had my truck for over a week this last time and could not find a problem vibration is so bad in the front end of the truck that I'm nervous to drive in it or around anybody. This is the third set of tires I've had on it either brand new tires within a week it feels like there's a broken belt in the left front tire wear my tire feels like there's a flat spot on it and continue down the road so bad that I have to pull over to get it to stop. My local shop cannot find anything wrong every time that it's there I can't spend any more money trying to fix a problem that they can't find can someone please help help me. If there is someone on this thread that is located in Oregon City Oregon please personal message me I'll let you take my truck for a ride and you yourself will be scared to drive this truck. Also my voltmeter will fluctuate from 14 volts up to 16 volts down to 12 volts I've told the shop that when I press the lock button on the passenger side that my truck will beep like it has a wireless entry alarm on it I do not have wireless entry.

have you guys with truck shake and vibrations in the floor, change the torque converter , and see any improvements in vibrations???  the TC seem to be a week link in GM trucks lately..

you could possibly have broken fins inside the TC , there are lots of forces in the turbine, and if they break off over time will cause a balance issue..

Edited by flyingfool

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2020 at 10:45 PM, flyingfool said:

have you guys with truck shake and vibrations in the floor, change the torque converter , and see any improvements in vibrations???  the TC seem to be a week link in GM trucks lately..

you could possibly have broken fins inside the TC , there are lots of forces in the turbine, and if they break off over time will cause a balance issue..

I have a appointment at a Chevy mechanic on the 30th. I have done everything possible to find the vibration that I know I took it to my local shop here where I live put $2,500 into it for no results 3 sets of tires free balance rotated just got a set of tires 2 months ago and the problem continues.  The vibration is so bad feels like there's a broken belt in my left tire like the other set of tires I had on it last time it was in the shop or was there for over a week with no results or diagnosis just a payment. Shop has even told me that my brand new battery was bad had to pay for a new one. My volt meter jumps from 14 volts to 12 volts up to 16 . I don't think that's what's causing the problem. My vibration started the first day I had the truck I noticed it day 35 I called the dealership they told me there is no extended warranty warranty of factory or dealership warranty. I know my stupid ass didn't read over my own paperwork tell about 5 days ago this whole time I had a extended warranty your factory warranty and GAP coverage so hopefully sometime next week I will find out or have some clue of why it's vibrating. At times my truck feels like there is a rumble strip at all times the vibration is still bad it will spill a cup of coffee or water no matter how empty it is it will shake it out of it feels like the tire belt is broke where it's consistently Lump Lump Lump Lump Lump as you drive it the vibration from the front end from the rear end I have no idea it's consistently scary where I had to stop driving it. Anybody who's driving in front of me or back of me just mean mug the truck while it's going down the road and I have no idea of what it looks like from the outside of the truck but there has to be something going on. My truck's not jacked up and it ain't very nice it's only a 2016 Chevy Silverado work truck two-door two wheel drive. Long story short I've dumped enough money into this truck I'm over it wish I had answers but I don't anybody with a 2016 Chevy Silverado work truck contact me please I have questions. PS my truck has been in the shop one to two times a month since March 12th 2019 recently like I stated it was there for a week. Love chevy been a chevy guy my whole life im almost going to give up on chevy if its not fixed.

i'de really be curious as to see how a new torque converter would act if your truck suffers from bad vibes. keep us posted. like I said the Torque converters on the 8 speed trucks seem to fail at a high rate , so I would be leaning towards this as a rotational  component that's largely overlooked due to difficulty in accessibility