Crew Cab vs Double Cab Seat Size

I have had my 2014 Silverado Double Cab WT with the V6 for about a week now and like it much better than the previous extended cab. The dealership said that it has an extra 4 to 6 inches of room over the extended cab. Of course I can see maybe the four but not six. The doors are distinctively larger than the ext. cab doors. In my opinion I would say it went from a half door to almost a 3/4 door. My 16 year old son loves it. He is almost 6 ft. and now actually has leg room rather than having to turn sideways.

Obviously I was not able to get all the luxury items as you guys did but for a working man like myself who has already retired once it is a big step from the manual windows and door locks that my 2013 had. I just wish they would have left the carpet option available in the 1WT. I did notice though the rear suspension is a bit beefier than the 2013 was. if anyone finds the actual size of the speaker in the dash please let me know. I can't find anything on it anywhere. Thanks and good luck to you all.

"till every tongue confess"

Rev. Rick

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just my opinion, the new crew cab with std bed looks great and the way it should have always been. And for me, is the most useful as a ice hockey dad. It is harder to park, so I deal with it.

We can put the hockey gear in the rear seats if it's really cold out, or get 3-4 kids to the games with all the gear in the bed.

Plus while towing heavy, the longer wheelbase is awesome, I can tell the difference.

But I'm an old man. If I was a young man with no kids, then double cab would work fine, and I had some 'extended cab' trucks 15-20yrs ago.

Pro's and Con's .... all depends on your needs..

Double cab - yes, I agree a little more "athletic" stance to me. Longer bed, less leg room in the back.

Crew cab - more room... but shorter bed. I for one have to have a toolbox in my truck bed. With the standard crew cab, by the time you add a tool box you are left with like 3 feet of useable bed space... near nothing.

Yes, you can get the long bed crew cab.. but it's like driving a bus IMO.

For me... double cab... since I have no kids, very rarely more than 1 passenger riding with me. Plus the cost is less.

lol 1 extra foot is not like driving a bus.

I had an 2011 extended cab. One of the reasons I traded up was to get the crew with the 6.5ft bed. While I don't often carry passengers, the back was too small for family trips and my buddies. As a result, no one would ever want to take the truck on a road trip unless absolutely necessary. I don't mind the extra length having traded up to crew from extended with the standard bed. I think it was well worth with. BTW when I bought the extended cab, I specifically bought it bc at the time it was the only way to get the 6.5ft bed

A crew cab with a long box wouldn't have fit in my garage. Well fit yes but no need to ever close the door again ha ha..

My kids are out of the house now so the Double Cab is working out okay..

Now an F150 SuperCrew with the 8 foot box... That's a bus. ha ha.

A crew cab with a long box wouldn't have fit in my garage. Well fit yes but no need to ever close the door again ha ha..

My kids are out of the house now so the Double Cab is working out okay..

Now an F150 SuperCrew with the 8 foot box... That's a bus. ha ha.

I don't think the f150 new or old is available with crew and 8 foot bed. Either 5.5 or 6.5

Archived