Gear Change 9.5" 12 bolt

This box of goodies just arrived. Will let y'all know how it turns out in a couple of days. The Tru-trac and rear gears are for the 2013 9.5" 14 bolt, i have a spacer for the diff cover and conversion u-joint to make it all go back together in the new 12 bolt, 4.56's for the front as well.

post-127628-0-12774900-1392166365_thumb.jpg

Been anywhere between 600 cash for a guy to do it at his house that runs a 4x4 shop 2 hours away and 900 to 1000 at the local shops around here. The problem i have around here is i pretty much have to push the job on them. They don't really feel comfortable with the new diff yet and that makes me leery.

• Like 1

This box of goodies just arrived. Will let y'all know how it turns out in a couple of days. The Tru-trac and rear gears are for the 2013 9.5" 14 bolt, i have a spacer for the diff cover and conversion u-joint to make it all go back together in the new 12 bolt, 4.56's for the front as well.

I'm doing gears when I get home in a week. Going to 4.56 gears also. Having my shop do them. 600$ for front and back is a pretty good deal.

• Like 1

Curious to see how it goes. My install is getting delayed a couple of weeks due to work; back to the middle of the Gulf of Mexico for a couple weeks. I will have Black Bear working on the tune during that time so it works out better really.

Curious to see how it goes. My install is getting delayed a couple of weeks due to work; back to the middle of the Gulf of Mexico for a couple weeks. I will have Black Bear working on the tune during that time so it works out better really.

Glad I'm on land. I have to wait till next week because of work too.

Interested to see how this turns out. I know visually we wont be able to tell the difference. But I wonder what all needs to be done to adjust the computer for the speedo, traction control and stabilitrak

Everything should go smooth but we'll see. There are no issues now and the spedo is off over 9%. As long as all of the tires are turning the same speed as each other, which they will, the truck will be none the smarter. The issues you run into with the stabilitrak come into effect due to larger tire size and turning because there is more of a difference on revolutions in that situation, ran into this on my Tundra, this currently is not causing issues on this truck and don't plan to go to larger tires. The only thing you change with gears is the engine load and engine rpm, the spedo is already off so not an issue to me. In the long run the engine, tranny and diffs should be a lot happier. I will have a tune ready to go if needed but i don't plan on installing unless necessary.