2015 Silverado / Sierra 1500

2018GMC

I'm not knocking the package, I'm questioning why some people seem to think it was magical or whatever.

I don't like rocks. :lol: I hit one in my 2003 crossing some water on a trail. About stopped me dead, I was surprised the airbags didn't deploy. It hit the front crossmember right in front of the control arm and dented it up a bit and then caught one of the bolts for the skid plate and bent it so the head was 90 degrees from the shaft of the bolt. Scared the hell out of me but nothing was messed up- I was still at the dealer then so I threw it on the rack to check alignment and it was good still. I haven't seen the underside of a 2014 but the ones on my 2011 seem decent and I'm willing to bet they're similar since the chassis isn't too different on a 2014. Don't know that it matters though cause if GM doesn't do a monochrome pkg for the Chevy I may look elsewhere next year. Don't know yet.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is people's hang up with the Z71? It never was a special package, it was always fluff. In it's "prime" you got skidplates, the bigger air filter, maybe better tire and the only thing I'd miss were the Bilsteins. Ram and Ford's Outdoorsman and FX4 are no better or more capable aside from the Ford getting a real locker but I seem to be in the minority over wanting that over a G80.

Totally agree, BUT in the mid-late 90's GM marketed them as the 4wd bullet proof set up & it stuck in peoples minds. Knew a guy that paid a couple thousand more for a Z71 than just the weak old 4wd. I told him his couple of thousand was going toward stickers, shocks, skid plates & it did not matter. He never went off road either, but had to have it.

Then a few years later you could get a Z71 2wd. Pretty sure that killed all the previous marketing. :banghead:

No one pays attention to that kind of stuff but us and forum members are a tiny, tiny fraction of the hundreds of thousands of trucks GM sells. I agree it was a good marketing scheme because people who are either stupid or too lazy to educate themselves have some sort of reverence for the package when it's no different than similar offerings from the other truck makers.

...in the mid-late 90's GM marketed them as the 4wd bullet proof set up & it stuck in peoples minds.

...it was a good marketing scheme because people... have some sort of reverence for the package when it's no different than similar offerings from the other truck makers.

+1. For most, "Z71" is now a status symbol, chosen because of brand recognition/reputation.

Hello Everyone,

I know you all are excited for the new 2015 Sierra/ Silverado. Please feel free to visit either http://www.chevrolet.com/silverado-2500hd-heavy-duty-trucks.html or http://www.gmc.com/sierra-trucks/heavy-duty-pickups.html for any updates on the vehicle you are interested in. Unfortunately, we do not receive any information on future products, but they are available to be ordered at your dealerships. If you need any assistance with ordering your desired vehicle please let us know.

Best Regards,

Kristen A.

GM Customer Care

So are you saying the 2015 sierras are available to order at the dealership now?

Hello Everyone,

I know you all are excited for the new 2015 Sierra/ Silverado. Please feel free to visit either http://www.chevrolet.com/silverado-2500hd-heavy-duty-trucks.html or http://www.gmc.com/sierra-trucks/heavy-duty-pickups.html for any updates on the vehicle you are interested in. Unfortunately, we do not receive any information on future products, but they are available to be ordered at your dealerships. If you need any assistance with ordering your desired vehicle please let us know.

Best Regards,

Kristen A. GM Customer Care

So are you saying the 2015 sierras are available to order at the dealership now?

That's what I got from her post too, but I'm pretty sure they're not available to order currently.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

Hey there GM-Trucks Members,

Yes, you when you visit the Chevrolet website, your can build and price a 2015 Silverado 1500. I was just on the website to test it out and built myself a 2015 Silverado 1500 in Silver Ice Metallic with a 6.2L engine.

Jennifer T.

GM Customer Care

Must be a different Chevrolet.com than the one I'm looking at right now..... :dunno:

Jennifer it looks like you are linking and referring to the 2015 2500 HD trucks.

The 2015 1500 trucks are not available on the website. This thread is about the 2015 1500 not the 2015 2500 / 3500 HD :-)

If the 2015 yukons and HD's are already arriving on the lots, when will GM flip to 2015's on the Sierras? I have a 2014 Denali 6.2 that was ordered 12 weeks ago with no tpw yet. If it's April or May then I might as well start over on a 2015 right?

I'm in the same boat with a 6.2 Denali although it is only about 8 weeks and no TPW. There are a ton of constraints on that model with that engine so maybe they will get moving soon. I think it IS bush league to offer a product for order that you are not able to produce.

I do know they're making minor changes to the MyLink system. Too many people complaining about the navigation icon. 15's will have either Navigation or "OnStar Nav" on screen depending on which package you get. Therefore, I predict other small changes in the Mylink system because software programming/upgrading won't cost them squat.

• 1 month later...

The lack of the power rear sliding window being available on the Sierra SLT 1500 Model is all that is keeping me from purchasing one. Even though it doesn't seem to be much, I know (as particular as I am) that I won't be happy without it.

I sure hope this option will be made available in the future.

When do the 2015's come out?

Thanks.

Archived