Sign in to follow this  
White14

Hidden winch setup on the 14

sweet setup

I think its a good setup and looks very clean. But it's a little impractical if you actually did 4 wheeling in deep mud. With the winch control plug and clutch lever being located downward under the bumper you wouldn't be able to access them if you were buried in mud to your bumpers. If your not doing hardcore 4 wheeling then it wont be a problem. Either way it looks really good.

Very clean!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

I think its a good setup and looks very clean. But it's a little impractical if you actually did 4 wheeling in deep mud. With the winch control plug and clutch lever being located downward under the bumper you wouldn't be able to access them if you were buried in mud to your bumpers. If your not doing hardcore 4 wheeling then it wont be a problem. Either way it looks really good.

If my truck is that stuck I'm calling a helicopter !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

:crackup: I don't see any of these nice new trucks doing major off-roading for a few years. Mine goes off road plenty but its not going to be punished, thing was too expensive for that. But I'm still going to do a similar winch set up

Edited by KUUG
  • Like 1

Super sweet winch set up. Details on what parts and labor it took for that would be greatly appreciated.

On the wheels, did you go with that offset and plans for 4" flares or were you planning to leave it like that.

No flares

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love this. There are few "intensive" mods I would consider doing to my truck but this is certainly one I want. Would absolutely love to know more about the install, the brackets made, etc.

yeah in for the cost as well and how custom was the bracket job? Is the winch line open thru the plastic and do you feel like it will hold up if say the line is pulled to the side without distorting or damaging the front bumper cover?

Look at the pics again. The fairlead is mounted to metal brackets.

A bit off topic here but, is that a light bar under the truck facing forward? Or is that just a light you had there as a work light?