Can anyone wear their cowboy hat inside the truck?

Guys I know who wear those things take them off in every vehicle. Unless you'd rather be without a headrest it will be a problem. For the headrest to be effective it should be high enough up to support your whole head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should be standard equipment in a Texas edition truck ..... Just hate not wearing my hat in my truck ! .....should have a gun rack also !

You should buy one of those under the rear seat things. It has an integrated gun rack!

No way to wear it unless u take the headrest off ! Can't sit in the middle cause I have bucket seats .... Should have a gun rack behind the rear seats ! .... Texas edition ...... With option of big ass longhorns on hood ! ......now my girl is shaking her head :)

• Like 1

I remove the headrest. Wasn't an option in my 2011. I'm not too concerned about it. I drove 70's and 80's models with a bench seat for years and there were no head rests in those days. Well, come to think of it, I believe the headrest was called a window!

• Haha 1

Option (1) Get a razor knife and cut the back of the hat off straight.

Option (2) Get in the truck take hat off and turn hat 90degrees on head but this may still hit head rest if it does stretch neck forward till hat is not in contact with head rest...........Problem solved.

Edited by Silverado4x4
  • Like 1

Rest in Peace 'Bum". Yep, brim hits seat/head rest. Enter truck, remove hat, place top center dash or passenger seat if no passenger or rear seat. Reverse for exiting truck.

LOL: Or get one of these if must wear lid in trk. http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/the-tweed-british-driving-cap-hatsinthebelfry

But really this will work in cold weather: http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/261398219709?lpid=82

Little more up scale version: http://www.villagehatshop.com/product/travel-hats/451139-3187/jaxon-hats-outback-crushable.html

Or just follow instructions above...

Well now Tex, just for fun I dug out my old cowboy hat that I wore back in the eighties when I played in a Country Rock band. Just for fun (I think that fun is the point of this thread) I put it on and went out to the garage to see if I could wear it. I had to be careful getting in, but once I sat in my nice leather bucket seat and leaned back, with the headrest all the way down, I was in. The back of the brim just slightly drags on the headrest when I turned my head but it was on and I could drive.

Now being from Colorado, where most Texans secretly wish they were, it's not a big deal to wear a cowboy hat in our trucks even though we can. That brings up the next question.

If you can wear your cowboy hat inside your truck, can the girls see you through your tinted windows?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2