Transmission issues for 1994 GMC K1500

Hello,

I am having problems with my 4L60E tranny...i was driving home from work and just stopped at a stop sign. As it started going i notcied it shifted perfect from first to second but when it goes fome second to third it throws it into netural and all it does is rev up. My fluid didnt smell burnt and looked fine. I changed out my A and B solenoids. Put it all back together and still im getting the same thing. I need a little help as to what could be the problem?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

if it just flares the 2-3 shift but holds 3rd and 4th without slipping then you may be able to fix it with a new EPC (electronic pressure control solenoid) and turning the adjustment screw on the new solenoid clockwise about 1/4 turn. but if it doesn't take 3rd or 4th or either gear slips, the 3/4 clutches burnt up and it will need a banner kit, converter, lockup valve mod, flip the accumulator in the case so that the spring goes in first, filter, and possibly a pump and a 2-4 band. (assuming all of the hard parts, sprags, drums, steels, bearings, springs, and valves are all okay)

Archived