In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
Puttnutt24

Rear Bumper Step Options?

Pretty sure the parts guy said it comes in black primer. I emailed gmpartsdirect a lil while ago and I guess that part number is suspended to 23108143. I asked for a pic since there isn't one on the website and I guess there is nothing they can do for me so I'm not even 100% on what id be ordering. And I'm sure the plastic top cover and mounting brackets aren't included and are all separate part numbers.. Not sure why they have to be so difficult with every little thing it gets really annoying. Does anyone know anywhere else to shop for OEM parts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Dj0nes

Thanks for that info Dan, do you know if that A/T bumper (23108144) is chrome or bare metal?....Thx

It only comes prepped ready to paint. I talked to the dealer it was $716.00 and nobody in the US has one in stock. Would have to submit a vin (found a few on autotrader) and order it.

GMPartsDirect had it listed for 454 plus 200 shipping, another site had it listed for like 500 and like 50 shipping.

Google search 23108144 F-Bar and it'll list sites who have it for sale

I agree about the appearance, but when you need to get in the bed with the tailgate down.....sure are handy.

I agree about the appearance, but when you need to get in the bed with the tailgate down.....sure are handy.

So there's a step that's 4" lower in the corner of the bumper? You've ALWAYS been able to step on the bumper with the tailgate down before.

Come check us out at www.GMPartsDirect.com

You have spoken and we have listened. Come check out the reduced pricing on the rear bar. We want to earn your business.

23108144 has been superseded to part number 23108143. Part number 23108143 is a rear unpainted bumper impact bar without step corner provisions. The rear bumper step pad is not included and requires to be purchased separately. 23108158 rear bumper step pad, anthracite.

Please contact us at http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/secure/customer_service/

• Like 1

Come check us out at www.GMPartsDirect.com

You have spoken and we have listened. Come check out the reduced pricing on the rear bar. We want to earn your business.

23108144 has been superseded to part number 23108143. Part number 23108143 is a rear unpainted bumper impact bar without step corner provisions. The rear bumper step pad is not included and requires to be purchased separately. 23108158 rear bumper step pad, anthracite.

Please contact us at http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/secure/customer_service/

How much?! And what is the availability. PM me if you don't want to post here.

Please click use the following links clicking the check out now tab between clicking the links, or enter the part nubmers in the search field of the www.GMPartsDirect.com website to receive the current delivered price.

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results.cfm?addtocart=1&addpartnumber=23108143&singlepart=1&partnumber=23108143

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results.cfm?addtocart=1&addpartnumber=23108158&singlepart=1&partnumber=23108158

Thanks,

Jason

A member on another site swapped a 2014 step bumper onto his 2012, and claims the 07-13 bumper is a direct fit to the 2014s as well. I haven't seen one done yet though.

A member on another site swapped a 2014 step bumper onto his 2012, and claims the 07-13 bumper is a direct fit to the 2014s as well. I haven't seen one done yet though.

2013 bumper on a 2014. Doesn't look like the fit is perfect IMO. You wouldn't catch me putting an old style bumper on a new style truck.

DEAF9D0B-172B-4419-9336-7AEC8ACDF6F6_zps

2013 bumper on a 2014. Doesn't look like the fit is perfect IMO. You wouldn't catch me putting an old style bumper on a new style truck.

not to mention I hated that I could not leave my tow hitch in my GMT-900 because the sensors would go crazy... glad they got that problem fixed on the k2's!

A little info for those that may want to do this modification.

The above mentioned bumper, part number 23108143, comes with sensor holes, so if you don't have a rear parking assist system, you'll need to deal with this. Also, due to the elimination of the bumper steps, there are two additional bumper brackets that need to be purchased (54.00 ea).

My bumper is being painted and installed now. I'm going to install the rear parking assist with sensors and I was wondering if anyone knew what was involved? Rich

photo_zps3b2248c6.jpg

Oh yea, the new bumper pad was not needed, the stock pad fit the new bumper fine..

No stinkin' steps! :-)

back_zpsb8caaa91.jpg

• Like 1

No stinkin' steps! :-)

back_zpsb8caaa91.jpg

Damn you! that looks great! What did you end up spending on the bumper and brackets from the dealer?

Looks good Puttnutt! I am diggin those wheels as well....they look good with that color.

I will echo what Brent asked, what did the whole swap end up costing?