Do i have steel or aluminum driveshaft?

If you have a narrow diameter driveshaft it is steel. If it is 4-5" in diameter it is aluminum. You will be able to see a joint connecting 2 pieces you have a 2 piece. I will see if I can find a pic of my 2 piece

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Aluminum is unpainted and a silver color. I took that pic in 2008. But notice the size of the driveshaft compared to the pinion housing on the rearend? That should give you some reference

Well on a closed runway I hit 132. I would not go past 100. These things do get unstable at those speeds. I also have v rated tires and im not comfortable with it. Most of the 4wd's ive seen have aluminum shafts

Even if i get all my wheels alligned, and my driveshaft balanced you still think i would lose the shaft at 120? I know the higher the tire rpm the higher the tire psi is so if i made my tire psi a little lower then rating i thought that would help with the tires to they dont explode and i can go a little faster safer

I was thinking about installing a line loc and setting the crusie at 120 mph. Not really i'd just kind of like to open it up sometimes. The tires are rated to 106 but it just hauls then dies at 100. So much potential in top speed

Potential at top speed is well after 115, it takes forever to climb higher. My tires I run, I run at least H(130 mph) or V(149 MPH. Never maintain those speeds because these trucks are bricks with horrible brakes. The moving around them in triple digits feels scary. Stopping them at that speed, good luck