Z71 - Actual meaning? Additions? Differences?

dont talk about my panels like that lol

Don't worry. Your fellow sufferers have already started a thread on how to remove and replace the panels.

You're in the right place to get help. :>)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have one of each, LTZ with fake wood and an LTZ Z71 without the wood. I like both of them.

I have one of each, LTZ with fake wood and an LTZ Z71 without the wood. I like both of them.

Interesting.. http://www.mdgglobal.com/catalog.html#gmc Those are overpriced fake dealer installed fluff package kits that will not bring crap at trade in time.
they are not exactly "fake" as they are GM licensed accessories.... I have one didn't pay any more or less because of it but my wife thought it was cool we were getting a "motor City Edition" lolSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish they would do a carbon fiber look instead of the fake woodSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they are not exactly "fake" as they are GM licensed accessories.... I have one didn't pay any more or less because of it but my wife thought it was cool we were getting a "motor City Edition" lol Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish they would do a carbon fiber look instead of the fake wood Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they are not installed factory packages with a RPO, they are fake packages. With the exception of maybe the selling dealer that sells a vehicle with this over priced stuff on it, no other dealer is going to give you anything for it as NADA or Blue Book is not going to list it as a true package at trade-in time.

I get the marketing as some new buyers like to just have all this fluff bought/financed at once rather than buying after the sale. Just more than likely you will pay 2X-3X normal retail having the dealer sell the stuff at point of sale

Z71's don't have wood trim? Do tell...

Z71 off road package also includes the Z71 appearance package..... a few Z71 themed interior accents that the non-Z71 trucks don't have. Brushed metal Z71 sill plates, Z71 graphics on the instrument cluster, and all the wood grain panels in the truck are replaced with ones that resemble carbon fiber instead. A big improvement imho.

Z71 off road package also includes the Z71 appearance package..... a few Z71 themed interior accents that the non-Z71 trucks don't have. Brushed metal Z71 sill plates, Z71 graphics on the instrument cluster, and all the wood grain panels in the truck are replaced with ones that resemble carbon fiber instead. A big improvement imho.

You sure it isn't the AT package that gives you the carbon fiber and not the Z71?

He's talking about the Chevy with the Z71 package I think. I'm not sure how the GMC AT is trimmed out inside. I have a SLT with the Z71 package and the only thing it has is the chrome emblem on the fenders. The interior is the same as any other SLT.

Yes, sorry. I was speaking of Chevy only. The Chevy Z71 package gives you the items I noted above. Not sure about the GMC Z71. I assumed they were similar, but guess not.

Archived