• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Man you guys hit it at the right time this year. Seemed like when the snow finally came it would be 40s and rain the next weekend.

My dad and I got 1 real trip in, stayed in Munising, MI. Day 1 we rode out to Big Bay and back (~100 miles each way) we rode in the rain the ENTIRE way back. Wow, that was miserable. Trails were whooped out the last 40 miles in, like real bad. 20-25MPH just beating ourselves up, and I'm only 24! Luckily our gear kept us dry until about the last hour it started soaking through...

Day 2 our bodies were super sore, did a shorter ride, some trails still whooped out badly, hardly any off trailing and we were just too sore to even want to get a little crazy.

Some pictures from this past season:

20160220_074906_zpsjb6vkqp6.jpg

20160217_190603_zpsacumxydq.jpg

20160222_103846_zpssele6ygb.jpg

20160305_172426_zpsnrbx50tc.jpg

20160305_172457_zpsqbfcwokt.jpg

20160305_150134_zpsb0q4kzx2.jpg

Edited by SkiDooNick700

That sucks when you get out on the trails and meet up with rain.. been there.. fortunately really only happened bad one time. Looks like you got some good conditions and fun at some point though from those pics. :thumbs: That's a couple classics in that one pic too, always cool to see.

This was our first time in the rain. Our gear is getting old, need to start looking at some new stuff, maybe Klim $$$$. We got Klim Arctic GTX books last fall, they are 10/10. Ironically all the good pics you see are from our cottage which is not in any of MI snowbelts lol what a winter...

IMG_2406%202_zpsevgttayl.jpg

IMG_2380%202_zpsiyaqddps.jpg

IMG_2383_zpspxudg6ic.jpg

IMG_2381%202_zpscvinaoo9.jpg

Was lucky enough to plan a trip and found some deep fresh powder! Was in Grand Mesa, CO for a couple of days and heard Steamboat got nailed with fresh, so we loaded up and headed to Steamboat and it was defiantly worth it! A buddy got stuck and I was on my way to help and got stuck myself...haha