On 3/1/2018 at 2:13 PM, F8 EXT said:

A little slow posting about the guys trip. Got back late this past Tue evening.

We had a great time on the guys trip!!!

Got to cabin about 11pm Thu night. 

Fri took a ride up to Black Creek after hauling all the dry goods and a few other things across the lake. We can’t just drive up to the cabin, no road access.

Then Sat it was back up to Aubrey Falls.

Sun we did the Heyden, GR, Searchmont loop. Buddy had some clutch issues so I towed him into the Soo and ended up leaving his sled at the house of the owner of Batman Plumbing. An awesome guy for helping a few crazy Americans out!!! Then after having a mishap with my other buddy’s doo jerry can when we dropped my one buddy’s broke down sled off, he found it on the trail and took it back to his house!!! Had made it to the Zone before noticing the gas caddy was gone. So back to the soo we went after filling up. We finally finished the loop, getting back to the cabin about 11pm I think it was... due to having my buddy in the back of my sled.

Mon my buddy was able to have Northshore Sports fix his sled, and out of there by 12 or 1ish!!! Absolutely awesome customer service!!! I stayed and rode, up to Horner Lk, then we off trailed it back down south, towards Bruce Mines. 

Tue was a quick ride up to a Searchmont and back. Then loaded up and pulled out of the parking lot by 4pm for the trip back to “reality”.

The trails were awesome!!! It was my one buddy’s first time riding in D13. We got on the 106 from the cabin, and when we got down to the stop sign where you turn left to head toward Carpenter Lk, I asked what he thought so far.... He ask: “ Is this the trail??? It’s awesome!!! It’s so smooth!!!” And the look on his face was priceless!!! 

We didn’t head further south to Bruce Mines,Iron Bridge, Thessalon area due to the trails possible being marginal and the weather being warmer.

With the mishap journey on Sunday, I ended up with 684 miles for the trip. 

A Huge Thank You to all the groomers and volunteers!!!

BAE9BFDE-EA9C-43C3-8A13-9D7091DD71B3.jpeg

47536EAA-C628-4BDF-B988-4E94C559575B.jpeg

BF6C4DD4-7FA0-43DE-B5E9-844A9841511B.jpeg

56A1F136-6C99-45B6-9EA5-903119E1BC87.jpeg

Edited by Blue2500CC
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Started the season w/ my '07 REV (MXZ 600SDI). Burned up the PTO bearing on the 1st day of a 5 day trip from Kirkland Lake to Hearst. Ended up trading the dead sled in on a Blizzard 900ACE

5ab8620b2dfff_20180302_151425Timmins-Copy.thumb.jpg.2e3714466def886795f2611b23382fc5.jpg

From my 4 day trip in the Timmins area @ the start of March. Pic was taken on TOP C where it turns towards Smooth Rock Falls (closed this winter due to logging) or the A106C goes to Cochrane.

Edited by revrnd
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, revrnd said:

Started the season w/ my '07 REV (MXZ 600SDI). Burned up the PTO bearing on the 1st day of a 5 day trip from Kirkland Lake to Hearst. Ended up trading the dead sled in on a Blizzard 900ACE

5ab8620b2dfff_20180302_151425Timmins-Copy.thumb.jpg.2e3714466def886795f2611b23382fc5.jpg

From my 4 day trip in the Timmins area @ the start of March. Pic was taken on TOP C where it turns towards Smooth Rock Falls (closed this winter due to logging) or the A106C goes to Cochrane.

very nice ... I have a 2017  renegade adrenaline  900 ace    although it was a slow year for me only did 50 miles.....  I had full hip replacement in Feb.

next year we are gunna hit it hard

• Sad 1

2014 SBA. Stuck in a creek, and a little hillside I was playing on last month. Getting more snow here the last few years when I thought a 144" with a 1.385 lug was overkill, looking to switch to a 2" 146 SKS soon. Once you get bit by the off trail bug, you don't really want to trail ride much. I imagine I will revert back to trails in a few more years when I am too old to toss this thing around. Hope you all had a good season. 

IMG_0448(2).jpg

IMG_0935(2).jpg

IMG_E0434(2).jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
11 hours ago, GPGuy said:

Definitely missing the snow! I've had it with this heat....... 

I’m not ready for sled season, yet...

We still have 3 camping trips planned, and hope to use our new to us boat as much as possible...

Then it will be sled time!!! Just hope we have a good season!!!

The chap that hauled my sled on the Timmins trip had a similar decal as to the 1 below on his enclosed trailer. After having people 'disappear' behind my TT this summer (only way I knew they were behind me was their shadow on highway shoulder) I had a local graphics shop print me a couple.

5b5f3af71492d_DSCF0862-Copy-Copy.thumb.JPG.052ebc87504c8c67875c080b4c2273d7.JPG

I haven't been travelling since, so it will be interesting to see if the idgits understand the concept.

On 7/26/2018 at 11:22 AM, Blue2500CC said:

I’m not ready for sled season, yet...

We still have 3 camping trips planned, and hope to use our new to us boat as much as possible...

Then it will be sled time!!! Just hope we have a good season!!!

Truthfully I'm not entirely either.. got some summer things I want to do but as soon as those leaves change! Look out! Although sometimes I do like to tease the snow hatters by reminding them how many days till snow/ winter etc. For instance I got an email from a ski resort yesterday reminding me that it's only 100 days until they plan to start making snow. :thumbs: I guess I'm just evil like that. 

• 1 month later...

I have to say that today is the first day that it has truly felt like fall is in the air. I'm not quite ready for it to turn frigid just yet because I do have a number of fall activities still planned but it's coming! Just sayin'. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2018 at 9:05 PM, GPGuy said:

I have to say that today is the first day that it has truly felt like fall is in the air. I'm not quite ready for it to turn frigid just yet because I do have a number of fall activities still planned but it's coming! Just sayin'. 

We have had a few Fall days already. Then in typical Mi fashion, a day or two later has been right back into the upper 60*s,  if not considerably warmer...

Won’t be long though.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, my Ontario season permit is on order, a couple buddies and I plan on trying to get up to D13 (Soo area) a couple times in addition to the guys trip. We figure even if we only go up Fri after work and head home late Sun afternoon it’s worth it. Pending the weather and crossing the border, it may actually be a little less time vs driving to Newberry or Paradise in the U.P.  

Now trying to come uo with a bag set up for some clothes, shoes, and a toothbrush for the sled.... The small tunnel bag is no where large enough. Looks like it may be more money spent...

Has anyone ever ran a waterproof duffel bag on the tunnel? Similar to this one if I get the pic posted... I like how it has some d rings to strap it down.

DC8C8CE3-91D7-4A80-9D97-6EB599A59152.png