Yesterday at the Novi snow show I learned there is a new interactive trail map system being launched, that’s free. Will have real time trail conditions, and from what I understand, us users can actually change a trail status if/when needed. Say we encounter a tree across the trail, we can report it (not 100% sure how yet...)

It is Groomed Trail, currently web based but there is suppose to be an app eventually.

https://www.groomedtrail.com/

Currently only for four states, but more may be added down the road, as well as Ontario. Not sure about the rest of Canada since I didn’t ask.

Hopefully this works as planned, and helps us sled heads out!!!

0B15357F-E95D-4A1C-8ABF-6D44E1420C76.jpeg

• Like 1

Looking like it's shaping up to be a pretty awesome snowmobile season on my neck of the woods. How about yours?

I've already hit the ski hill around here and that was just the middle of November, which is a record for me. This has been a good year all around because I have hit a record for earliest start and latest finish of the season (My last time skiing for the season was April 21st and if I had been available I could have done April 29th). 

• Like 1

GP,

There was a number of schools that were actually closed today as a result of the snow. Though I don’t believe it will stick around.

Nothern Michigan has been getting snow, though not enough has stuck around to have a good base for the opening of the trails this coming Set, Dec 1. We will get there!!!

Some of our ski hills have already opened as well. Maybe a week ago or so. 

• Like 1

Well, the sleds are pretty much ready to go. 

Northern Michigan has had some snow, but now a ton.... Forecast shows snow maybe about mid-week, so maybe we can get up there after Christmas.

i do need to work on a different bag set up for my sled still. We (buddies and I) bought season permits for Ontario, and hope to do a couple overnight trips. 

Was planning to work on it today, but it’s been a kind of lazy day after a crazy work week... Then some fun with friends Fri and Sat....

Had a very quick trip to WaWa this past w/e. Due to our crazy Mi weather, we had to drive for snow.

Was a fun first time up there.

Headed back up to the Soo, Ont this coming w/e if the trails turn green!!!

43464CD8-EADD-4325-9D54-440F2C57D8C4.jpeg

• Like 1

It's been a very odd winter here thus far too. 

Heading to Munising next weekend.   Alger SORV club said just shy of 1000 sleds rode thru this past Saturday.   New record. 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2019 at 8:37 PM, SkiDooNick700 said:

Heading to Munising next weekend.   Alger SORV club said just shy of 1000 sleds rode thru this past Saturday.   New record. 

We stayed in Strongs this past w/e.

Sat we rode to Brimley to fuel up (both us and the sleds), then on to Paradise. Then made our way to Newberry, then down to Trout Lk and back to the motel in Strongs. 175 miles total.

Sun morning we rode into Brimley again for fuel, then headed towards Oaradise and rode a few seasonal roads down a ways and back.  Headed back to the truck and we were on the road by about 12:30 to head home. Rode about 60 miles.

Overall a good w/e. But it was very busy in the U.P. 

It’s only the third time riding the U.P., but I did find another one of the infamous bra trees!!! :) It was getting late when we came across it. 

We are probably heading to D13, Ont this w/e. To get into the Soo takes about as long as going to Newberry.

Have a fun trip Nick!!!

35848E0A-32C9-43DF-8931-9C0C3512DB2A.jpeg

Edited by Blue2500CC

54 minutes ago, Blue2500CC said:

We stayed in Strongs this past w/e.

Sat we rode to Brimley to fuel up (both us and the sleds), then on to Paradise. Then made our way to Newberry, then down to Trout Lk and back to the motel in Strongs. 175 miles total.

Sun morning we rode into Brimley again for fuel, then headed towards Oaradise and rode a few seasonal roads down a ways and back.  Headed back to the truck and we were on the road by about 12:30 to head home. Rode about 60 miles.

Overall a good w/e. But it was very busy in the U.P. 

It’s only the third time riding the U.P., but I did find another one of the infamous bra trees!!! :) It was getting late when we came across it. 

We are probably heading to D13, Ont this w/e. To get into the Soo takes about as long as going to Newberry.

Have a fun trip Nick!!!

Haha that is awesome! I remember seeing one of those trees but it must have been like 10 years ago.

Sounds like you guys did some pretty awesome loops, 175 miles in a day is a real good trip!  We haven't ridden the east side of the UP much, mostly because the last few years the snows seem to have been so sketchy.  Always just been going to Munising doing the same East loop and West loop for the last 2 years.  Each year we have been venturing off trail more and more.  I use VVMapping to help out with that.