When I read your post saying "An old photo of my Pro-X2 and my 7 year old grandson's Rupp" I thought those weren't the current rides.

What I meant was the photo was from 2 years ago.

Any pictures of the Nitro?

I second that!

My first sled was a 73 MotoSki Cadet 250 which I dropped a 295 into. Small but fun sled considering I learned how to drive a snowmobile on it at about 8 years old. Was my mom's old sled that had been sitting in a barn for a number of years.

Any pictures of the Nitro?

I'll look up some photos of the Nitro. I know they are not real good as I have not had it out on the snow yet to get better pics. Have to rebuild the card and replace the fuel.

Edited by snikr

• 1 month later...

Did anyone snow check a sled for this coming season? I ordered a MXZx 1200 in the yellow/white. First is the first snow checked sled I ever did and only the 3rd new sled. Prior to this one I bought a 73 Ski Doo Olympique 440S brand new from a dealer that was going out of business.

Old post. But I have a 2016 M8000 sno pro sno checked. Counting the days til I take delivery.

Wish I could figure out how I post pics from my iphone. I live for sledding. Count the days from the last ride til my first ride the next year. Live in southern ontario but drive out west at least once a year. Alpine and Jackson Wyoming last year.

Edited by schnid21
  • Like 1

Thinking of getting 1 this year. What brand and model would be best for a budget of $10k

Depends on what kind of riding you will be using it for. Lot of options with that budget.

Thinking of getting 1 this year. What brand and model would be best for a budget of $10k

I would suggest that you approach it like this:

- Figure out how much you need to spend on gear and take that out of the budget. Riding boots, snow pants, riding coat, gloves, and a helmet for minimums.

- Figure out how you're going to transport it. Do you need a trailer? Take that out of the budget.

- Figure out whether you need to insure the machine for the trails or not. Take that out of the budget.

- Figure out how much the registration will cost, and whether you need to join a club. Take that out of the budget.

- Allocate 15% of what's left in the budget for repairs, updates, and modifications to whatever you buy.

- The remaining is what you have available to spend on a machine (include sales tax!).

To determine what BRAND of machine, figure out who you'll be riding with and strongly consider buying the brand that they ride because they'll already be versed in how to repair them, maintain them, and set them up.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

10k will get you a nice machine for sure. I am pretty skidoo loyal myself, fit, finish, and reliability has been good. Buy the newest you can. They are all awesome when new. Just bought another new doo for this upcoming season. Praying for snow already.

Here is mine it's my 3rd one. It's a 2013 Polaris pro rmk 163" I have been riding back country for the last 5 years. I ride every second weekend I commute 9hours from edmonton ab to sicamous bc just to ride. I was going to turbo it this year but the new truck won lol

I am a memeber of the Bettie's power sports network as well i am sponsored by a women's sledding clothing line divas snow gear.

This was a big reason for getting a new truck as I put on over 30,000km a year on my own. Here are a few pics I so love to ride it's truly my poison of choice!

Ps that's my old truck and set up I know crazy but legal. I can't wait to get my sled on my new truck! Hahah enjoy!

f3f4432cb342f311b1338683ad07e7cb.jpgb7b3b6537c4eade1e86cfab5b40c5421.jpg256ba8d1947619411ed111c378058b1c.jpgc8b9029de3eb7e62403e3c58d3754c5b.jpg62c1bc4ef1f89558602734b9073a5308.jpgab77cfca499084ab04a7566f80cf733a.jpg

Thanks

Corrisa

Fb Corrisa Schurek

IG corrisapink

• Like 1