Replacement Key and Remote

16 hours ago, AE1M said:

Yes, the My Chevrolet app allows you to unlock the doors, start the truck etc....   BTW, I also have the Chevrolet skill for my Echo Dot so I can start, unlock, etc.... by voice in the house!  ‘Alexa ask Chevrolet to start my truck” etc.....

I . . . didn't know this was a thing.  BRB  :uhoh:

On 2/26/2014 at 9:55 PM, tbarn said:

The key programming is easy. Just insert a currently working key, turn to run (do not start). Turn off, remove key and immediatly insert new key and turn to run. Done. Should start now.

Tbarn,

I have a key replacement from GM when I bought my used 3500HD it only came with one key so I had them order another and key-fob and they sent it to me. The Dealership is about 350 miles away.  I was told the same thing from the dealers as you said,  But What about the key-fob?  Wonder how one would get that to recognize my truck?

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

hey does anyone know if a 2014-2018 LTZ key fob ( the chrome key fob) can be programmed to an 2014 LT truck. My key fob got screwed up it unlocks my truck all the time, i have a really close friend that works at the dealer and he says he can give me a ltz key fob for free since they are extra ones but i’m hoping that the dealer doesn’t come with BS and claims that it can’t be programmed to my 14 LT. 

• 4 months later...

Bought a new key from  car and truck remotes for about $8 for my 2018 Sierra (B119 key) Local Ace hardware cut for $10.   Then tried to program and found the simple process, but seems to have changed in 2017.  So you now need to 2  master keys to DIY.  Finally found this so posting here since it worked great!

• Insert first master/working key and switch the ignition on- I waited for the security light to go off.
  • Insert the SECOND master/working key and switch the ignition on.
  • Wait for the security/immobilizer light to go out. Switch ignition off and remove key.
  • Quickly insert a UN-programmed key and switch the ignition on.
  • Wait for the security/immobilizer light to go out. Switch ignition off and remove key.
  • The key is now programmed.

The DIC told me I had three keys programmed!!   Very happy camper!  Hope this helps someone!

• Thanks 1