Power Folding Mirror Upgrade

Hi... Does anyone have the DL3 mirror connector pin layout diagram? I have the cab side electrical diagram from the GM upfitter website but need the door/mirror side. I found that all the wires are there on the cab side. Only 4 were missing from the door side connector. Blue/white(Singnal) Gray/green(Puddle) White/Violet, Blue/Violet. Now I connected the signal and it worked but the puddle light doesnt work. I know on the mirror connector that the puddle light wire is orange/white and black/white(ground?) but will not function. Not sure where the white/violet and blue/violet wire go too yet and if that has anything to do with the puddle light. If anyone could help me with this would be great. I know the power folding wires are already in my door harness but i dont have a switch yet..

Hi... Does anyone have the DL3 mirror connector pin layout diagram? I have the cab side electrical diagram from the GM upfitter website but need the door/mirror side. I found that all the wires are there on the cab side. Only 4 were missing from the door side connector. Blue/white(Singnal) Gray/green(Puddle) White/Violet, Blue/Violet. Now I connected the signal and it worked but the puddle light doesnt work. I know on the mirror connector that the puddle light wire is orange/white and black/white(ground?) but will not function. Not sure where the white/violet and blue/violet wire go too yet and if that has anything to do with the puddle light. If anyone could help me with this would be great. I know the power folding wires are already in my door harness but i dont have a switch yet..

Is your truck an SLE?

Hi. No. LT silverado. Wires are the same I think.

I also have the LT what did it take to get the signal to work? I am putting tow mirrors on but everyone says the signals do not work if you did not already have signal mirrors. I assume this is what you have gotten to work is the signals which you did not previously have?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

DL3 (power folding) - included on SLT and Denali, and LTZ and High Country.

They show as available on SLE, but not on LT.

Based on versions that make DL3 available I'd guess wires are in harness on SLE, but on LT; and not on base trucks from either division.

If you need BCM programming you will be out of luck, with the new global GM architecture the dealer told me the days of programming the BCM are gone.

I got ride of the trailer brake controller in my truck and wanted it programmed out of the BCM so I wouldn't get the dash warning and it is not possible.

• 2 months later...

I know this is an old topic but I've been out for a while. I can verify that the turn signals and heat work but the wiring for the puddles and auto dim are part of the harness that controls the power fold. If done correctly your looking at a LOT of money. You have to have the two DL3 mirrors (price varies), two different wiring harnesses about 125+ each, door switches both driver and passenger side (price varies) depending if new or used so add 200-400.00 , a VIN# from a donor vehicle that had DL3 options and then GM has to program them another 150.00

You can hardwire the puddles from under the dash but I really don't care about them myself.

If your truck had DL8 mirrors the DL3 turn signals will work as will the TOW mirrors as I have both on different trucks.

A friend of mine and myself are working on a KIT that will allow you to do this without tapping into the BCM wiring. Once we get it all set up I will let you know and post up a HOW-TO.

My 2¢ worth about puddle lights. What purpose do they really serve? They look cool?

Once you open the door the light moves away from the entry point.

Edited by 1baddad
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

any progress on this 1baddad? Just bought new 2015 Tahoe and does not have folding mirrors. I have converted my 2001 GMC Sierra to folding mirrors before, so I'm somewhat familiar with this. Also Does anyone have a write-up on removing the new door panels? And finally to Jusplayn, have you tried the switch on your swap yet?

Nothing yet but there is a way to make it work with a 2-way momentary switch which i feel would be best because if you need to close the mirrors to park in a tight spot you would not be able to do that with what i posted.

Here's something i found on the door panels i hope it works.

http://www.silveradosierra.com/interior/2014-silverado-sierra-1500-interior-door-panel-removal-t158002.html?hilit=door%20panel

Also, Did you check and see if the 2014/15 might have everything but the mirrors and switches?

• 2 months later...

I have a 2014 Silverado wt 4x4. Came with power everything but mirrors. I would like to add power adjusting mirrors. I obviously know I will have to get the mirror switch, new bezel, and power mirrors. My question is do the current door harnesses have a plug for power mirrors? Or do I need 2 new harnesses as well? Please let me know! Thanks!

• Like 1