In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

22" CK165 - Tire options, sizes and experiences

BlackDenali6.2

Hey guys,

I am looking for a good tire to use for summer time, on-road driving. My truck is a 2014 Denali and I have the SEY CK156 22" rims waiting to get thrown on. I have heard of most trucks running a 275/45r22 no problem, anyone running a different size for this rim size? photos?

I am wondering what tires people have run and how they performed on their truck. The internet is full of reviews but most are not applicable to heavier vehicles.

I look forward to hearing some recommendations. :lurk:

post-128123-0-36922500-1393540466.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

I just ordered this wheel this weekend. Going to install it on my 2014 Sierra SLT Crew Cab with Z71 Off Road with 6.2. I ordered the Bridgetsone A/T Revo 2 tire. Had the A/T Revos on a 2006 Armada Off-Road. Great tire on that vehicle. Can't wait to get them installed this week on the Sierra :-)

• 3 weeks later...

I just ordered this wheel this weekend. Going to install it on my 2014 Sierra SLT Crew Cab with Z71 Off Road with 6.2. I ordered the Bridgetsone A/T Revo 2 tire. Had the A/T Revos on a 2006 Armada Off-Road. Great tire on that vehicle. Can't wait to get them installed this week on the Sierra :-)

Who has the best price on a set of ck156 wheels?

I ordered mine from shopgmcparts.com. They have them at the wholesale price of $429 each. However, mine have been on backorder since 3/31 with a 30 - 45 day wait. I have order other things from them and received very prompt delivery. I'm willing to wait a little while because of the price. The tires have arrived and being held for me until the wheels arrive.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, I haven't had any luck ordering these wheels. They say this part is an LPO part that hasn't been released to the general public for ordering. It's been 36 days since the order was placed and the status is still "30-45 days". I have called shopgmcparts.com, gmcpartsnow.com and my local dealer. All 3 have confirmed that this is the case even though there are wheels in stock. They're reserved for dealer-ordered vehicles. I guess I'll cancel my order.

Unfortunately, I haven't had any luck ordering these wheels. They say this part is an LPO part that hasn't been released to the general public for ordering. It's been 36 days since the order was placed and the status is still "30-45 days". I have called shopgmcparts.com, gmcpartsnow.com and my local dealer. All 3 have confirmed that this is the case even though there are wheels in stock. They're reserved for dealer-ordered vehicles. I guess I'll cancel my order.

That is 100% correct. Only way to order these is through an LPO. Any online GM shop cannot sell them to you regardless if the site says they can. They will get hit with a chargeback from GM if they do and it's extremely pricey.

As soon as they release them wholesale, we will be back in the wheel business as we have sold hundreds of GM accessory wheels in the past.

285/45R22 Bridgestone Dueler A/T. By far the best tires I've ever owned.

Capture-1.jpg

20140430_140503.jpeg

Edited by Luster

2015 GMC Yukon Denali

I just recently ordered these (CK156) from shopchevyparts.com (the shipping was cheaper than shopgmcparts.com) and a set of Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza tires (P285/45R-22) from TireRack.com (since these are the OEM tires for the optional 22" wheels on the new Yukons). I received an email from TireRack.com saying that the tires had shipped, but then shortly after, I received an email from shopchevyparts.com saying that the wheels are on backorder with an anticipated availability in 45-60 days.

After reading this page, I'm not sure 45-60 days will be accurate. I also learned about this whole LPO stuff and confirmed that the neither the local dealership nor the ADI (accessory distributor installer) could do anything about it since LPOs have to be purchased when placing the original vehicle order. I did find out that the ADI does have 16 in stock. Oh well.

So I'm not sure how to proceed: wait (indefinitely), cancel my wheel order with shopchevyparts.com, go with another GM wheel (not sure I like the other ones as much), or go with a new non-GM wheel that I can also use with the lonely 22" tires sitting in my garage (which comes at a risk of potentially dealing with "using non-GM parts voids the warranty" lines that dealerships like to try and say even though the warranty item being fixed is not even related).

Also not sure who to be more frustrated with:

- GMC false advertising/marketing who lists these wheels as an accessory in the brochure (Pg 33 - http://www.gmc.com/content/dam/GMC/global/master/nscwebsite/en/home/Vehicles/Current_Vehicles/2015_Yukon/Model_Overview/02_PDF/2015-Yukon.pdf) but failing to mention the major point that you can only purchase certain accessories at time of vehicle factory order.

- That they only list 3 of the 8 22" wheel options when you "Build & Price" a new vehicle on gmc.com.

- That they only list 5 of the 8 22" wheel options on gmcaccessories.com

- Or with the whole LPO concept/bureaucracies in general by which I learned that the local ADI actually has 16 of these in stock but are unable to take my money (for GM/GMC/ADI/Local Dealership profits). It's like hey, here's a few grand for some extra stuff you have lying around. But they're like nah, it looks so pretty sitting over there...so much better than having actual dollars.

Edited by kcwood247

Looks pretty sweet Luster! Thanks for posting some pics.

Thanks... I knew those wheels were hard to get. So, when I did my vehicle search, I made sure to specify 22" wheels, which narrowed the search to about 5% of the trucks on the dealer lots. I found this one with the exact options I wanted at Karl Chevrolet in Ankeny, IA... about 3 hours away from KC where I live and Hendrick Chev did a dealer trade.

There was a member of this Forum that had some CK156's for sale.... I'll try to find the link.

2015 GMC Yukon Denali

I just recently ordered these (CK156) from shopchevyparts.com (the shipping was cheaper than shopgmcparts.com) and a set of Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza tires (P285/45R-22) from TireRack.com (since these are the OEM tires for the optional 22" wheels on the new Yukons). I received an email from TireRack.com saying that the tires had shipped, but then shortly after, I received an email from shopchevyparts.com saying that the wheels are on backorder with an anticipated availability in 45-60 days.

After reading this page, I'm not sure 45-60 days will be accurate. I also learned about this whole LPO stuff and confirmed that the neither the local dealership nor the ADI (accessory distributor installer) could do anything about it since LPOs have to be purchased when placing the original vehicle order. I did find out that the ADI does have 16 in stock. Oh well.

So I'm not sure how to proceed: wait (indefinitely), cancel my wheel order with shopchevyparts.com, go with another GM wheel (not sure I like the other ones as much), or go with a new non-GM wheel that I can also use with the lonely 22" tires sitting in my garage (which comes at a risk of potentially dealing with "using non-GM parts voids the warranty" lines that dealerships like to try and say even though the warranty item being fixed is not even related).

Also not sure who to be more frustrated with:

- GMC false advertising/marketing who lists these wheels as an accessory in the brochure (Pg 33 - http://www.gmc.com/content/dam/GMC/global/master/nscwebsite/en/home/Vehicles/Current_Vehicles/2015_Yukon/Model_Overview/02_PDF/2015-Yukon.pdf) but failing to mention the major point that you can only purchase certain accessories at time of vehicle factory order.

- That they only list 3 of the 8 22" wheel options when you "Build & Price" a new vehicle on gmc.com.

- That they only list 5 of the 8 22" wheel options on gmcaccessories.com

- Or with the whole LPO concept/bureaucracies in general by which I learned that the local ADI actually has 16 of these in stock but are unable to take my money (for GM/GMC/ADI/Local Dealership profits). It's like hey, here's a few grand for some extra stuff you have lying around. But they're like nah, it looks so pretty sitting over there...so much better than having actual dollars.

Shopchevyparts estimate is probably a blanket response. I ordered a drivers assist handle from them and was told it was on backorder for 30 to 45 days. Received a call a day later and was told they got some in Stock and did I want to keep the order. So it might not be as long as a wait as you're thinking.

Sent via Samsung Note II