What are you towing with your 2014?

Counting down the days (well probably months) until I can tow my boat. Going to be awhile up here in MN. From the sound of it I shouldn't have any problems pulling it, weighs around 5,200# w/ trailer.

IMG_1969.PNG

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't have pictures, but I hauled about 6000 lbs of raisins back down to my business a few months ago. I need to get a different pintle hook mount that's higher since the trailers I rent are pretty tall. I'll see after I do my leveling kit.

Coaster, that's a double cab correct? Aka the extended cab.

I saw a double cab Sierra on the street the other day and it looked very awkward which was dissapointing. Fortunately yours and others from the forum look very good and proportions seem "right".

I find I bounce a good bit down the road towing. I also find that I bounce a good bit unloaded. Probably will replace the stock shocks with Bilsteins and perhaps add air bags to level out. Need to make some adjustments to my WD hitch before deciding for sure on bags.

Leveling kits and travel trailers are probably not the best combination...haha.

FYI...I swapped my Timbrens from my 2011 to my 2014. They fit as intended and are easy to install. They work great when towing my TT to keep the load distributed. I'm not concerned much about hitch weight or squat as I am well within limits. Also anyone installing them they changed the bolt size on the 2014 to a 10mm head as opposed to a 16mm and they are much shorter. I had to buy new longer bolts for the Timbrens as they have a much deeper recess with the mounting plate. Thread size and pattern is still the same, metric for sure. They still allow for 1-1 1/2 inch gap between them and the axle.

I sacrificed one bump stop by cutting it off to find this out!

Coaster, that's a double cab correct? Aka the extended cab.

I saw a double cab Sierra on the street the other day and it looked very awkward which was dissapointing. Fortunately yours and others from the forum look very good and proportions seem "right".

Yep it's a double cab. I think they look OK, maybe one with an 8ft bed would look kinda strange.

I only use the back seat for dogs and floor storage so I didn't go with a crew cab. I also didn't want the tiny bed or a longer truck.

Had something happen that hasn't happen in years pulling these boats with my Fords.....with boat hitched heading back to the warehouse I kick it half throttle to merge and the rear tires break loose.

Can only imagine what the 6.2L is like. For such a soft tip in on the throttle, these 5.3's spin up pretty fast.

Had something happen that hasn't happen in years pulling these boats with my Fords.....with boat hitched heading back to the warehouse I kick it half throttle to merge and the rear tires break loose.

Can only imagine what the 6.2L is like. For such a soft tip in on the throttle, these 5.3's spin up pretty fast.

It is even worse when using the E85 fuel. The 5.3 engines loves this alcohol fuel will set the tires on fire, be very careful if you try it.

From the owners manual:

Trailer Brakes

A loaded trailer that weighs more

than 900 kg (2,000 lb) needs to have

its own brake system that is

adequate for the weight of the

trailer. Be sure to read and follow

the instructions for the trailer brakes

so they are installed, adjusted, and

maintained properly.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I have a 2012 Chevy 2500 hd, 6.0. I am currently pulling a 35 foot (37 feet with the hitch) travel trailer. Honestly I have pulled trailers my entire life and it isn't much better than pulling with the 1500 I had. I have the gasser and my trailer empty is about 6700 lbs....

I am looking at a either 5.3 or 6.2 with max tow package...which would push me up around 11K. I have a WD hitch but one other thing I would do is upgrade the tires. everyone think that will work? I am sick of the rough ride of the 2500 and I may as well switch back to a 1500 if it can pull...most likely get a double cab.

Archived