In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
jomuehlbauer

XM Radio - No Sound

For the second time now in my Sierra (w/ navigation) I'm not able to hear any sound when I use my XM radio. The XM is working, because it shows the artist / song when I flip through the stations.

First time the truck only had 96 miles on it, I was about to drive 1,200 miles with it to Colorado so I was a litte nervous. Luckily after 70 miles it came on. I tried turning it on and off and all the BS too. Nothing.

Well now its not working again.

Never had this issue with my 2014 5.3 Sierra.

I have hiphop nation to listen too!

Anyone else?

Try this. This issue has also happened to me a couple of times. Hasn't happened in several months, though.

This is a link to refresh your XM signal.

https://listenercare.siriusxm.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4020/~/how-do-i-send-a-refresh-signal-to-my-radio%3F

Edited by fondupot

Try this. This issue has also happened to me a couple of times. Hasn't happened in several months, though.

This is a link to refresh your XM signal.

https://listenercare.siriusxm.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4020/~/how-do-i-send-a-refresh-signal-to-my-radio%3F

Will do! Thanks for the link! I'll follow up after work tonight if it works or not.

Should work. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone.

Quick fix, this happened to me a couple of times, just tune to station 1(preview station) then when audio starts tune to your regular station.

• Like 1

Quick fix, this happened to me a couple of times, just tune to station 1(preview station) then when audio starts tune to your regular station.

That happened to me also and the station 1 trick worked for me.

Happened to me for a second time today. The channel 1 trick worked.

Seems to be a common thing... happened to me a few weeks ago and then again yesterday. Both times I was parked in an area of my yard that I know doesn't get reception very well. I wonder if it has to do with "handshaking" with the sats at start up?

Seems to be a common thing... happened to me a few weeks ago and then again yesterday. Both times I was parked in an area of my yard that I know doesn't get reception very well. I wonder if it has to do with "handshaking" with the sats at start up?

Could very well be. Both times it happened to me I was in a parking garage at work during startup. But when I come out of the garage there is still no volume but the song titles/artist displays as if everything is fine.

I haven't had this issue in a while. But I have the XM signal refresh phone number programmed to my phone.

855-MY REFRESH (697-3373).

If it happens again tho I'll try the station 1 trick.