5.3 AFM rocker arm tightening sequence and Head torque-ing question

Anyone know the tightening sequence for the rocker arms for the 5.3 afm? is it the same as the non-afm? The chilton manual (it doesn't differentiate between afm and non afm) says rotate to TDC on the compression stroke for the #1 cyl, tighten intake 1,3,4 & 5 exh 1,2,7& 8 to 22lbs spin 360 degrees then int 2,6,7 & 8 exh 3,4,5&6. I did like they said too but the crank comes to a stop then I pulled a little too hard and bent 8 push rods. I'm I better off ignoring the book and tightening each cylinder when it is at TDC on the compression stroke? Btw, the way I found TDC on the COMP is that I stuck a nut driver in the #1 cycl to feel when the piston reached the top on the stroke after the intake valve opened. is this correct or is there a better way to find it?

another related question. while torqueing my head to 22 lbs on the first pass the torque wrench clicked to early on the #1 bolt because of the lock tight which I didnt discover until I had completed my 2nd pass of 90 degrees and was starting on the final pass of 70 degrees. I went back and torqued the #1 bolt to 90lbs then completed the 3rd pass.
Advice please: Should I take the head off and replace the gaskets and bolts then re-torque, replace just the bolts and re-torque or leave it like I have it?

thanks for reading.

Archived