Haha Cracked dash now... I give up.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nope... not banging my head against the wall with GM customer service I've already wasted a day on one of their BS service appointments waiting around for a guy to take pictures for my wheels that they denied..... I bought it used and thats why they dont care even though I bought the 2011 Malibu and Silverado new..... I'll just get one of those glued on dash pads...... I was shopping between a 14 Sierra or Tundra to replace the Malibu... I'm off next week and I guess I'll go to the Toyota dealer.... I can't throw money at GM... I LOVE LOVE LOVE my 2010 Sierra. I will have this thing til the wheels fall off BUT It's the same old... fool me once, fool me twice.....

Sad part is I'm not even mad as much as disappointed.....

4 years old (if you push) and a cracked dash??? In Michigan? Brutal! Sorry man! Make a call, write a letter or two. But dont waste too much time.. Take some pictures and get yourself a cool dash pad.. Good luck!

4 years old (if you push) and a cracked dash??? In Michigan? Brutal! Sorry man! Make a call, write a letter or two. But dont waste too much time.. Take some pictures and get yourself a cool dash pad.. Good luck!

yeah last thing I expected.... I'm not even going to bother with GM It's within their rights to deny it, it's 9 months and 300 miles out of warranty... they denied my peeling wheels on time alone so I wouldn't expect anything now...

the wheels.... I tried and was denied... that doesn't bother me but they act all nice and like they are going to help, had me bring it in and wait around and denied. Hell just tell me it's past the 3/36 and its not covered. I understand...I've done a ton of these covers on Rams they come out ok, I'll try it on here but like I said this is what it is and it's out of warranty...

plus what I see online is the best I could hope for is a 500-600 dollar co pay for the same flawed part... F that these dash covers are virtually undistinguishable from the actual dash and won't crack like the factory part....

Well didn't get to do a cover my friend is trading his 11 in when his 14 order comes in and we swapped his dash into my truck and glued mine from the back so the crack is barely noticeable and put it In his trade in... This one is the reinforced version and all it cost me was 3 hours and a case of beer all good now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you been to chevyforum?

I contacted GM customer service through there and had my replaced for free. Based on that forum, it obviously doesn't go down that way for everyone but worth a shot. From what I understand is that is dealer dependent.

http://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/2007-tahoe-ltz-dash-has-cracked-26133/

Nationalminer84,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with you vehicle. I understand that you are weary about contacting GM Customer Care. I cannot guarantee any cost assistance but I would be happy to look into this concern for you. Please private message me referencing this thread if I can be of any assistance.

Jennifer T.

GM Customer Care

My dash cracked too...all at once in two places with no warning. It is out of warranty by about 500 miles. Wasted time discussing it with local GMC dealer. I always kept it protected using a windshield blocker and it was the last thing I expected to have problems with. I take very good care of my vehicles and never abuse them. Obviously, they would not cover either item. Only alternative was to buy a dashboard cover of some sort. Like a fool, I just traded it in for another one. I guess that "won't" teach them, and they obviously don't care about their customers. Good luck when yours cracks.

Archived