I guess it's time to break the tools out. Wife's car.

C25A1guy

Yesterday, my wife calls me while she's at work and tells me her Civic has a MIL that popped on. I grab my scan tool and pull a P0128 code which is for coolant temperature below threshold. I had a suspicious feeling she's had a stuck open thermostat since on cold days the car would warm up around town, but get on the freeway, the water temps would go all the way back down to cold. I guess it's time to get off my butt and take care of some things for her car that I've been procrastinating on. I guess next week once all the parts come in I'll be doing:

Thermostat R&R - ordered a Stant thermostat and Honda Type II coolant

FR window regulator - ordered a Doorman replacement regulator/motor assembly

ATF service - I have a case of Honda ATF-DW1 in the garage

Front brakes - it's about time. Ordered another set of Stoptech pads.

I guess I'll be having about 3 or 4 hours of fun on the car. Wish I could find out where I put my Makita drivers to speed things along (I still need to run to Harbor Freight to pick up a new air compressor). This time around it'll be done solely by hand tools (not complaining, but power tools does make the work a lot faster).

It's a 2005 Honda Civic LX sedan lowered on Eibach Pro-Kit springs, Koni STR.T dampers, Progress sway bars, rear disk conversion, and 18" SSR Competition wheels. I'm also debating if I should pick up another bumper cover and send it off to get painted or not. The thermostat is still the original since 2005.

I too am planning to have my cars front ends repainted in a year or two and then have some film put on the front. Hate rock chips, and being most of the stuff around here is a truck or SUV I get a lot of them.

Guessing she's a car chic? Or did you just go crazy with it?

I hope she will bring you coffee while you're fixing her car.

That's what my honey does.

:)

Have fun.

so long

j-ten-ner

No coffee or other caffeinated drinks til Easter. Ugh. I'll have her get me some Jamba Juice.

I too am planning to have my cars front ends repainted in a year or two and then have some film put on the front. Hate rock chips, and being most of the stuff around here is a truck or SUV I get a lot of them.

Guessing she's a car chic? Or did you just go crazy with it?

She's a little into it because of me. I did the modification after riding with her on her commute to work. She takes canyon roads instead of staying stuck on the parking lot that's called the 405 freeway in LA. I noticed that she was doing around 40-50 MPH through the corners and she was also getting some pretty bad wear on the outside shoulders of her tires. So step 1 was to lower the car and a good performance alignment. I didn't go with a coilover because I still wanted some civility out of the car. Started off with the Eibach Pro-Kit springs on Tokico shocks, but I like the Konis much better. There was still some roll, so I got the Progress sway bars meant for an Acura RSX. She sits with -1.5 degrees camber and 1/16" toe out in the front and -1 degree camber and 0 toe in the rear. Wheels and tires are 18x7.5" SSR Competition wheels (the old Tire Rack exclusive versions) and 215/45-18 Sumitomo HTR ZIII tires aired up at 37 PSI front and 40 PSI rear.

Front brakes are stock with Stoptech pads and the rears knuckles, disks, and calipers are off a EP3 Civic Si (the weird hatchback one that looked like a mini-odyssey) with Stoptech pads (yeah, it helps when the sales manager at Stoptech is one of your old canyon racing buddies). I had to make my own parking brake cable since everything I could find were either too short or too long.

The front bumper damage was actually from me. I hit a piece on truck tire tread. Couldn't avoid it, so I just went through it.

Overall a nice daily driver except for it's lack of power. I have a Pioneer AVIC Z140BH head unit with a set of Pioneer TS-D1720C speakers, and JL Audio 12W3 and a JL Audio XD700/5 amp. Oh, and a Recaro baby seat :D. I also have a set of Buddy Club reclineable sport seats somewhere that I might throw in it. I also have a spare K24 engine out of an Accord that I was going to build for the race car that I might end up swapping into it.

Archived