How satisfied are you with your 2014 GM truck?

Poll: How many love their trucks vs hate their trucks?  

1,045 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Absolutely love it! First time buying a new truck and couldn't be happier! Plan on having it in the driveway for the next 15 years... A real head Turner and rides like a cadillac.. Love it!!

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today is 2 weeks since I bought my 6.2 SLT All Terrain and I'm loving it. Get compliments on how nice it looks on the outside. The wheels and LED front accents look especially nice. The interior is miles ahead of my 2011 LML and the Navigation, Seats, Interior Trim and such are just icing on the cake!

The only negatives in 600 miles are the radio is slow to tune the FM HD channels and the low headlights are kind of weak. Otherwise, everything else is perfect. The interior is laid out perfect, the suspension is solid and the power is awesome. Really got on it for the first time tonight getting on the freeway and it was almost scary. Way quicker than the 2012 Superduty diesel we traded in for it. Love it so far!

Truck is better than 2010 Silverado in ride, difficult to regulate temp with HVAC system, and as posted in other threads very bad FM reception. My truck was an early build 8-13 maybe it is better in later trucks. I expected more from a 44K truck which is more than I paid for a new Vette back in 05.

Going on 5 months. It's smooth at 85 m.p.h. Beautiful and very comfortable leather interior, plenty of power, nice stereo and love the Sirius XM, and the truck looks great. What's not to love. it was expensive but it will be a great vehicle for a long time. If it has wheels it's supposed to give me trouble, but it hasn't yet.

Just bought a 2014 GMC SLE 5.3 in Fire Red. Had a 06 Sierra SLE. So far it is great but only has 100 miles. It is quiet and drives very good. Ride is good but not as soft as the 06 was I suppose due to the 20" rims. I sure hope that I don't have any major issues with it cause right now it seems just great. Is there a way to adjust the tailgate closing ? It is off a little across the top...no biggie just though it may be adjustable when I go back by the dealer for it's wash( raining when I picked it up)

Thanks,

Yotaman

I really love the look of this truck. In my opinion the gmc and the chevy are far better looking than any other truck out there. I traded in a 2007 silverado on this truck with 140k miles on it and never had one problem that's why I went back. There's a reason why these trucks cost so much, you get what u pay for! Ask a ford owner. Lo!!

I am very happy with my truck and my dealer! Love the quite ride, fuel mileage is 17 plus if I'm easy on it and handles great. The LED backlighting was my only issue but that was taken care of by my dealer!

A little hard on fuel since I got 2 1/2 leveling kit and 20 in rims but it's a truck.if I wanted great mpg I would have got a smart car ( NOT ) .Love this truck 110% satisfied

I've had my White 2014 GMC Sierra Crewcab 2wd with 6.2 for about a week now and I love the truck. I actually like the headlight setup. I'll just throw some fxr retros in later for brighter, more adjustable light but it works fine for me right now. Just ran my first tank of 93 in the truck and HOLY CRAP this truck is quick for it's size. Averaging around 17 to 18 mpg city pkus highway also. Not bad at all. Got the windows tinted and the bed line - x'd yesterday. I love this truck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I've had my White 2014 GMC Sierra Crewcab 2wd with 6.2 for about a week now and I love the truck. I actually like the headlight setup. I'll just throw some fxr retros in later for brighter, more adjustable light but it works fine for me right now. Just ran my first tank of 93 in the truck and HOLY CRAP this truck is quick for it's size. Averaging around 17 to 18 mpg city pkus highway also. Not bad at all. Got the windows tinted and the bed line - x'd yesterday. I love this truck.

I am surpriesed with all of the posts in the "complaint" section that there have not been more negative votes to this poll. Although, it is still fairly new. I would be curious to see the results in a week. I have complained too about my truck, but all in all, I cannot justify bashing the 2014's.

My Complaints: radio knobs (would have never known they didn't work if I had not read a post on this forum), voice command intermittently not working (maybe 1 out of every 20 start cycles), seat movement (fixed) and I have the driver's door rattle.

The above are more convenience issues, not mechanical and in no way would sway my decision to bash my truck or want to not tell someone to buy one. The fit and finish of these trucks is not perfect, I agree. But it is not a hand-built Lamborghini either. I know we all have paid a fair amount of money for our trucks, but one must remember, they are trucks, mass produced at that.

All in all, I am very happy with my truck. I love driving my truck. I am very happy with my purchase.

The issue is with the wording of the POLL. There is no middle ground, Love it or Love it with Too many problems.... Then Hate it....Forces those of us with a few minor issues to choose the Love it radial button.

The issue is with the wording of the POLL. There is no middle ground, Love it or Love it with Too many problems.... Then Hate it....Forces those of us with a few minor issues to choose the Love it radial button.

I tend to agree with you MTB.

Archived