How satisfied are you with your 2014 GM truck?

Poll: How many love their trucks vs hate their trucks?  

1,045 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've had my 14' Sierra SLT crew cab 4x4 for just over a year now and 18K miles. It was a highly optioned truck with a high sticker price. I got it last year when they did the discount around black friday. Mostly went with another GM because of the discounts and I've had a bunch of them.

The good: The truck rides great compared to other trucks I've had. I really like the interior layout of the truck and the styling of the truck is the best I've had in a GM truck.

The bad: After letting off gas and getting back in the throttle the truck falls on its face for 3-5 seconds then responds to where the throttle is at (fixed with a tune). Electronics are nice but still behind Ford and Dodge. Even with auto temp turned off my HVAC still tries to adjust the air temp if not the fan speed.

So in the end, no I'm not happy with what I got for the price. This will probably be the last GM truck I purchase as I think the quality of what you get for the price is just to far off for me now. This is the 7th full size GM truck I have owned (85, 86, 87, 89, 97, 03, 09, 14 and all have been 4x4s). I had lots of nickel and dime problems with my 09 and figured the 14's would be a better truck.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overall no completely happy. Bought new, Black Friday 2014 a GMC Sierra 1500 CCSB 4x4 SLE. So far with 19K, i have these noted issues: instrument cluster noise, floppy drivers seat, clanging rear seat, transmission clunk, drivetrain vibration. I also have had rain running thru the antennae, poor headlights (fixed very well). These are the additional ones I have that aren't as widespread.

*Radio display randomly goes blank, or 1/4 will blank or flash off/on spastically like a psychedelic circus. Radio stays on and will function perfectly using steering wheel controls.

*Now noticeable DOD switching. Truck shudders every time the displacement changes.

*Lumpy idle, feels like the engine is missing and about to stop running. Feels like i have a lumpy cam installed, if I had that type of power, it'd be acceptable. The weak horses make it annoying.

*I've replaced the drivers wiper 3 times, it lasts about 2k miles before squeaking and streaking terribly. Next step is new arm.

So overall, not so happy with my Sierra.

• 1 year later...

Wish there was an option for "love my truck, just a few problems." I've had mine for about 2.5 years. Bought it at the end of the model year. It has around 30k on it and its been completely reliable and dependable. Never left me stranded or messed up on me, so overall its hard to complain too much since I use it for business and the only thing I really care about is not being left stranded or missing an appointment. I've hauled and towed for thousands of miles in rockies and use it daily for construction and renovations. No major issues.

I do have some minor complaints. The headlights are garbage. Could be dangerous at night in the rain. The bluetooth sync sometimes messes up. I have the double cab and the backseats are way too up and down. Once I put a booster seat for my 8 year old in there, they are practically in a vise. Part of that is on me, I should have gotten the crew cab. I do get the transmission stutter every now and then when making weird throttle changes under acceleration. It doesn't really bother me though.

Overall its been a solid truck. My next truck may or may not be a GMC. They haven't changed them enough to make me want another one. I'm thinking a crew cab HD next time and the new F250 has me wanting to move that way for the more features and newer platform.

Have had mine now since late 2013, I think. For the most part, I enjoy the truck. Niggling problems bug me, and I have had warranty treatments to the foot pedals, three separate times now. These are the adjustable pedals. For a $48,000 truck, this is nuts.

And, there's the old headlight illumination issue. Lamps are terrible in rural and hilly areas.

Driver's power seat controls stopped working. Bad computer module.

Center display failed a few times. Was a bad ground connection.

Steering would suddenly whip out of my hands--dangerous. Bad ground connection.

All of the above things were repaired at no charge and are covered in a jabillion pages on the website. Other than the often repaired power pedals, the truck has been working fine.

41,000 miles.

I've had my '14 Z71 crew cab 4wd for almost 3 years with 33k miles. Overall its been a reliable truck but the little problems are what really gets me.

The rear shocks went out early so I upgraded them.

The radio goes blank every other month (restart required)

Tire sensors quit working

Rear camera goes out about every other month (restart required)

My-Link gets stuck connected to my phone and won't let me change the station or adjust the volume (restart required)

Sluggish trans like everyone else

Rear axle shafts replaced

Drivers seat movement

Front suspension squeak (really annoying)

Rear axle/suspension makes more noise than any vehicle I've ever owned anytime the suspension moves

Interior squeaks and rattles are about to drive me nuts

The paint chips if you just look at it and the sheet metal dings very easy

The engine eats oil like my kids eat candy

The A/C kicks to recirculate at random times which bumps the fan speed up

Fabric on the front seats are already showing signs of wear

OEM Goodyear tires were complete garbage (upgraded at 22k miles)

Even with all that I really like the truck. It rides well, mileage is good and it tows my travel trailer just fine. Plus it has never left me stranded which is the most important thing. About to go back to the dealership to try and get some of these issues resolved again before my warranty runs out. It has already spent more than 30 days there.

The problem I'm running into is several of these issues are intermittent and of course the truck won't do it when it is at the dealership.

I love my truck! I'd buy another one just like it. But maybe the next one will have the 6.2.

Love that blue color.

I have the 6.2L in mine - honestly, other than having to buy Premium gas, I can't see a downside. MPG is about the same as my old 5.3L (15mpg city, 20mpg highway), and the extra horsepower is comically fun.

After 3 years I still love my '14 SLT C/C, it's not going anywhere.

Send. Been 3 years and I don't plan to exchange it. I get the itch but I'm almost paid off and I like the look for the 2014 more than 2016+. I just wish the headlight was better. That is something I'll have to upgrade on my own.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Wish I could love it.....

Highway vibes

Rattly interior plastic

8 speed funky tranny....Jeckyl and hyde

6.2L that I liked till last week when it decided to lose a lifter and bend a pushrod.

Cheap paint that chips just looking at it....

At 30k kms I'm not happy

If this continues its gone....my sanity is worth more than $$

2014 all terrain 6.2 double cab, just hit over 20,000 miles. Absolutely no problems so far, had it for about 2.5 years now. Great fuel mileage, tons of power, tows great. Hopefully it stays this way. Although I might not be complaining because its my first brand new vehicle. And whats the complaints with the headlights? Mine are bright AF, i get flashed all the time by people thinking the brights are on.

Archived