In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

How satisfied are you with your 2014 GM truck?

Poll: How many love their trucks vs hate their trucks?  

1,045 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Replace the tires with a better one. Or see if the wheel weights can be reset.

Talked to my guy at the dealer yesterday. Took me a week to get a hold of the guy, he was out on vacation, but he said just bring it in. They'll check the tires and replace if necessary. Said they'd check to see if it can be balanced first.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mine is the best damned truck I've ever owned. Comfortable, powerful, good looking, beautiful paint. All I've added is a bedliner, a stainless grille guard, and a bit of chrome. I couldn't be happier.

Yes. No issues. I did have nasty throttle lag, taking about 1/3 pedal to get rolling, but I did a 30 min fuse pull and that took care of it. I pulled #34,39,43,51 in the engine compartment fuse box fo

Fixed

Posted Images

I'm satisfied. Would I make improvements to the current truck? Sure

For instance why is the quality of the backup camera so poor. I'm coming from a 9 year old Acura and it was much more clear than this truck. Sadly I'm sure the bean counters won and put a cheap camera in.

Why didn't they offer the keyless access system. Dodge has it as an option and GM has the in house technology to do it. The vette has had it for 2 generations now.

Just some thoughts. I love the truck and can't wait to pull my trailer next weekend.

I voted Love my truck but too many problems. You should add a column with Love it with just a few problems. GMC SLT Crew with 3300 miles

Really I love it with only few problems, like the heated cooled seats that don't heat, the nav is way too basic / limited. The XM reception is the worst and I hate how my keys are always hitting the steering column.

Also I'm not overly impressed with the amount of storage either, since I didnt find any revolutionary storage spaces similiar to the Rams. I still think an 8 speed would be better for towing and fuel ecomony. The ride and drivetrain are OK so far. Handling and braking are excelent! My opinion is that GM makes a decent truck but I woudlnt say they provide the best value.

• Like 1
I voted Love my truck but too many problems. You should add a column with Love it with just a few problems. GMC SLT Crew with 3300 miles

Really I love it with only few problems, like the heated cooled seats that don't heat, the nav is way too basic / limited. The XM reception is the worst and I hate how my keys are always hitting the steering column.

Also I'm not overly impressed with the amount of storage either, since I didnt find any revolutionary storage spaces similiar to the Rams. I still think an 8 speed would be better for towing and fuel ecomony. The ride and drivetrain are OK so far. Handling and braking are excelent! My opinion is that GM makes a decent truck but I woudlnt say they provide the best value.

I cut this from a sheet of craft foam from Hobby Lobby, solved the banging key problem. ebu9u3e5.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

• Like 4
I cut this from a sheet of craft foam from Hobby Lobby, solved the banging key problem.

Good solution for your color truck! Do you have any rubber in a Dune color to match my truck? I noticed my 2004 chevy had a ribbed rubber pad in the same location. I guess now 10 years latter with bigger heavier FOB's GM figured they didnt need to put them on a 35-55K truck? Or maybe they figured that if they raised the list price by a few thousand and remove a .50 molded part that their bottom line would be so much better and no one would notice the missing little things.

I hate the rattle that several keys make when they swing around and bang and clang on everything. I have never liked things swinging from my key and have always had a quick release on my key so that I can unclip it and only have the key and a small ring hanging there. When I remove the key from the truck I clip it onto the remainder of my keys which stay in my pocket.

829 miles so far. Driven at several speeds and have not noticed any shake or vibration which is good news as it sounds like a bugger to find a fix. Frequently the shift from first to second is a bit harsh, hoping it is still learning. Does not happen under harder acceleration. A 120 mile highway (75 mph +/-) yielded 20.7 average. Current average with mixed driving is 19.1. That's with a 5.3 with 3.42 rear end. My son's similar '13 is getting about 16 all around. Seats are comfortable, inside is deathly quiet, bose stereo literally knocks your socks off...I would say I am very happy so far. Added line-X and a tri-fold tonneau and I a good to go.

• Like 1

Reminds me of the "King of the Hill" episode where Hank goes to the Megachurch and is quizzed on his experience..

Are you extremely satisfied?

Satisfied?

yadayyadayada......

Great truck for the 21k I spent. I was looking for a "weekend drywall hauler" to remodel the house.

Which, with a few extra features I didn't need, is exactly what I got.

The issue is with the wording of the POLL. There is no middle ground, Love it or Love it with Too many problems.... Then Hate it....Forces those of us with a few minor issues to choose the Love it radial button.

I agree. Love my truck but did have 1 issue; LED backlighting and that was fixed. She has 2,000 miles now and fuel mileage is great. Smooth shifting 99 % of the time (only quirky when cold), sound system is certainly better than my 2013 and love the leg room in the crew cab.

Really loved my last few. F150's but was ready for a new truck and didn't want the same Ford and didn't want to be a Guinnea Pig with the all Aluminum. So I looked at Ram and at GM. No Ram dealer here and I had a terrible experience with a 96 Ram so I went Chevy.

I have to say I think this is the best looking truck on the market. It is also the most luxurious in terms of quiet ride and smoothness. It has really grown on me and I love it so far. Houston to San Antonio last week got me 24.6mpg as well......

So I am happy.

• Like 1

still at 13.1 MPG. taking it in to dealer next week, this is the worst I have seen on this board and it's just not acceptable. I was the guy who was told by the service manager "well, these trucks are heavy"!

Not going to be so nice if I hear that answer again. Anyone have any ideas why my mileage could be so poor? Even on flat highway at 65 I'm lucky to get 16.....tires are at 33/34, I have the 5.3L V-8, no major lead foot, good mix of city and highway. I'd say 60/40 city.

TIA

still at 13.1 MPG. taking it in to dealer next week, this is the worst I have seen on this board and it's just not acceptable. I was the guy who was told by the service manager "well, these trucks are heavy"!

Not going to be so nice if I hear that answer again. Anyone have any ideas why my mileage could be so poor? Even on flat highway at 65 I'm lucky to get 16.....tires are at 33/34, I have the 5.3L V-8, no major lead foot, good mix of city and highway. I'd say 60/40 city.

TIA

OUCH, yeah get that checked. I'm approaching 800 miles, pretty decent mix of highway/city so far. I haven't seen anything under 18 yet. I have the 5.3 as well, and there are times I can get a heavy foot, so I feel for you on that.

Talked to my guy at the dealer yesterday. Took me a week to get a hold of the guy, he was out on vacation, but he said just bring it in. They'll check the tires and replace if necessary. Said they'd check to see if it can be balanced first.

Update on this. Took it to my guy at the dealer. He said they found flat spots on 3 tires so they're replacing those for now.

Also said while they had it they're doing the recall for the trans cooler line. So I went in this morning at 7:30 am, and still haven't heard about my truck being done. They must be making the tires themselves over there.

OUCH, yeah get that checked. I'm approaching 800 miles, pretty decent mix of highway/city so far. I haven't seen anything under 18 yet. I have the 5.3 as well, and there are times I can get a heavy foot, so I feel for you on that.

i'd be THRILLED with 18 at this point. again if anyone has any experience with this or ideas I can throw out, I'd appreciate it. Like what exactly should I ask them to check? I will get the oil changed, coming up on 4,000 miles.....

i'd be THRILLED with 18 at this point. again if anyone has any experience with this or ideas I can throw out, I'd appreciate it. Like what exactly should I ask them to check? I will get the oil changed, coming up on 4,000 miles.....

I have 1011 miles on mine and constantly get around 14mpg. Mine also vibrates like crazy

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk