How satisfied are you with your 2014 GM truck?

Poll: How many love their trucks vs hate their trucks?  

1,045 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

still at 13.1 MPG. taking it in to dealer next week, this is the worst I have seen on this board and it's just not acceptable. I was the guy who was told by the service manager "well, these trucks are heavy"!

Not going to be so nice if I hear that answer again. Anyone have any ideas why my mileage could be so poor? Even on flat highway at 65 I'm lucky to get 16.....tires are at 33/34, I have the 5.3L V-8, no major lead foot, good mix of city and highway. I'd say 60/40 city.

TIA

Are your tires at 33-34 when ice cold? They should be aired and checked when cold and sitting overnite. Low tire pressures will ride very nice but they suck gas like crazy. I put mine at 35 psi when it had sat overnite and it was 20 degrees, and when they are driven for a while they are over 40 psi. I also use 89 octane Shell and have never gotten less than 18mpg, of course I have only had it for 6 weeks.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have 1011 miles on mine and constantly get around 14mpg. Mine also vibrates like crazy Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Dealer put 3 new tires on today. The ride is night and day difference with the SLIGHTEST vibration around 75 mph. Honestly, I can live with that. That and I don't have the time to have them chase anything to figure it out. They had my truck from 7:30 am to 4 pm today. I ALMOST lost a day at work, but the dealer bent there shuttle service distance for me b/c they hadn't anticipated having to make me wait that long.

I have 1011 miles on mine and constantly get around 14mpg. Mine also vibrates like crazy Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Dealer put 3 new tires on today. The ride is night and day difference with the SLIGHTEST vibration around 75 mph. Honestly, I can live with that. That and I don't have the time to have them chase anything to figure it out. They had my truck from 7:30 am to 4 pm today. I ALMOST lost a day at work, but the dealer bent there shuttle service distance for me b/c they hadn't anticipated having to make me wait that long.

I've had new tires put on as well. I have lost about 25 hours of work going back and forth to the dealership the past 3 weeks.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Good solution for your color truck! Do you have any rubber in a Dune color to match my truck? I noticed my 2004 chevy had a ribbed rubber pad in the same location. I guess now 10 years latter with bigger heavier FOB's GM figured they didnt need to put them on a 35-55K truck? Or maybe they figured that if they raised the list price by a few thousand and remove a .50 molded part that their bottom line would be so much better and no one would notice the missing little things.

I saw that little rubber pad on the crappy shuttle van at my dealership, that's where I got the idea. I don't know what color foam is available, but I would assume more than Black. I got it at Hobby Lobby.

still at 13.1 MPG. taking it in to dealer next week, this is the worst I have seen on this board and it's just not acceptable. I was the guy who was told by the service manager "well, these trucks are heavy"!

Not going to be so nice if I hear that answer again. Anyone have any ideas why my mileage could be so poor? Even on flat highway at 65 I'm lucky to get 16.....tires are at 33/34, I have the 5.3L V-8, no major lead foot, good mix of city and highway. I'd say 60/40 city.

TIA

Right! me too, 13.9. please post if your service person says anything useful (yeah, it's heavy...they posted 16-20 on the sticker...for a reason)

Overall happy but the swaying drivers seat around corners and bends is very upsetting, been to the dealership numerous times over it and still no proper fix.. :(

I too had this same issue. When I mentioned it to my the service writer, they told me that they would have to order a seat bracket. Did not ask anything, did not sit in it, did not inspect it. I would venture to say that it is a complaint that they have heard a few times prior to me. Five days later, my seat bracket showed up and it did in fact solve the problem. Don't know if this helps, but I thought I would try.

I traded in my '13 and there is no comparison. The '14 is the most sophisticated, best engineered, finest vehicle I've ever owned. No problems, completely satisfied.

20140401_131416-0.jpg

Archived