How satisfied are you with your 2014 GM truck?

Poll: How many love their trucks vs hate their trucks?  

1,045 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like the truck, night and day between the old model. Not quite getting the MPG I would like. But a nice truck overall so far.

If I keep my foot out of it, I will average (comb. city/hiway) 17 mpg. That's 1 mpg better than my '13, as advertised.

In general I love the truck. I'm dealing with some rust issues on the frame and I may or may not have the vibration issue....I think it might be a tire issue in my case as I have a slight steering wheel vibration at all speeds. But overall the truck is great compared to my 2007 Silverado. I love the 6 speed transmission and how smooth the shifting is, I love the quietness of the cab, and I love the updated knobs and buttons....much more user friendly layout and large for gloved hand operation. I also love how they changed the handle to open the center console. The previous design required you to bend a plastic tab that eventually broke off from too much bending.

2014 Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LT All-Star Edition with 5.3L V8 and 3.42 Axle Ratio, Tungsten Metallic!

I really like the interior and the look of the truck. I have a 2014 Danali crew cab 4x4 6.2L. The power is nice up top but down low not that impressed with it. I'm coming out of an eco-boost and that had some serious low end torque. It would hold six gear all day long. The GMC seems to downshift quite a bit as I'm cruising in and around town unlike the ecoboost. But I would not trade this truck for Ford. But that eco-boost engine is very nice. I wish GM would put one in their trucks. I am however getting the same gas mileage that I had in the Ecoboost averaging around 18 18 1/2 in and around town not bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

That 6.2 sounds nice, dodgehemi0! I'm old fashioned and still like them big V8s! Wha's that in cubic inches? See, I still remember the 409s. Wow, that was an engine!

I love my truck so far. At 2300 miles. No major problems. The touchscreen flickered repeatedly once after a remote start while displaying XM. Went away after I shut the truck off and turned it back on. Also one time I had no sound while listening to XM ( i had signal, it displayed the channel and i was on an open road with no signal obstructions) i had sound on FM and my iPod just not XM. After I shut truck off and back on it worked fine. Other than those issues I can't complain. By far the best gm truck I've owned, and I've had every body style since 2004.

Just took it in today at 2500 miles for a "check engine light on", and slight noise in the differential.

Check engine light was purportedly due to a vacuum hose leak in the emissions lines (hose not quite installed correctly) and they weren't able to duplicate the rear end noise.

I am using this truck as freeway daily transportation and a weekend workhorse. Glad I only spent 21k for it.

I do love the truck, its look, ride, features etc, just getting tired of it spending time in the shop. I have another appointment at the dealership for Tuesday 13 May for my wobble, I really am thinking its more of a wobble instead of vibration. The middle of the truck you feel it the most.

• 2 weeks later...

That 6.2 sounds nice, dodgehemi0! I'm old fashioned and still like them big V8s! Wha's that in cubic inches? See, I still remember the 409s. Wow, that was an engine!

376 or 379

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Only issues ive had with my Denali is I find the XM reception piss poor and sometimes the mylink does screwy things when my iphone 5 is hooked up to it. It seems to restart the current song when I select a new one, say nothing is in a folder or other random things like that. Nothing deal breaking but so far I haven't had the issues others are reporting (knocks on wood).

Archived