How satisfied are you with your 2014 GM truck?

Poll: How many love their trucks vs hate their trucks?  

1,045 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just picked up my GMC Sierra SLT All-Terrain the other day, so far on the two test drives I took it on (About an hour in length each) and the 6 and a half hour drive I did yesterday I must say... nicest vehicle I have ever owned. Its got the looks, the performance, and the technology. It was well worth the $49,000. as for mods, I have a full HID swap planned for Friday, as well as a tailgate LED light bar, levelling kit, window tint, and I plan on dropping in two additional subwoofers for a little extra punch!

10/10

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had mine for a month. Love it. Last truck was a 99 z71. Night and day difference. Still love and own the 99. Lots of memories, but no Byers remorse here. Just getting use to the new technology and v4 mode. Love the mpg though. Got windows tinted today. Looks hot.

Btw, I miss my stereo. The Bose system doesn't compare to an aftermarket upgrade. I replace head unit, all door speakers, and had two 10s under rear seat. Miss it so much. Not sure what my plans are for the 2014. Wonder if I could use the same sub box

extremely well satisfied and further convinced I made the right choice in the K-1500 series Sierra (vs. Ford, Ram, Toyota). the truck meets my needs for comfort, performance and utility which includes what will be a significant amount of ice/snow driving conditions where I am.

I'm loving my 5.3 Denali. One month in and about 3500 miles. Haven't really pushed it hard other then a couple of small loads of drywall from Home Depot. Also fuel mileage has been great in my opinion as well. Not to mention the looks I can sit and stare at that front end all day. Loving summer so far but I can't wait to get this guy into some heavy snow and see how he handles.

Sent from Windows Phone.

Love my 5.3 Denali so far. Only had it a couple weeks. I had the dealer level it, take 22s off and put 20s on with all terrain BFGs, and instal bed liner. Since purchase I've added weather techs and window tint.

I'm loving my 5.3 Denali. One month in and about 3500 miles. Haven't really pushed it hard other then a couple of small loads of drywall from Home Depot. Also fuel mileage has been great in my opinion as well. Not to mention the looks I can sit and stare at that front end all day. Loving summer so far but I can't wait to get this guy into some heavy snow and see how he handles.

Sent from Windows Phone.

3500 miles X 1-month?, won't take you long to rack up some serious mileage if that's normal use for you.

I absolutely love this truck. I'm coming from a 2500 Ram with the Hemi. In December I picked up a Sierra crew cab Z71 SLE. Quietest smoothest riding truck I've been in and definietly the best looking. I've got 7000 miles on it so far, added a tonneau leveled the front end and painted the factory 18's with black plasti dip. The mpg on this tuck is amazing. Most streets around me are 45-55 and I average around 19 mpg in town. A recent long trip I had a 27 mpg on a 25 mile average and the trip average was 22.7 over 500 miles or so. This was with the cruise set at 69.

For me its the small things that bug me with this truck. A couple of posts up someone make a makeshift pad for the key rattle. For a truck that stickered for 43k it shouldn't come to that. For one of the recalls the dealer lent me their courtesy car, a 2006 stripped down Malibu. You know what it did have, the key fob with a flip out key! The 8 in touch screen is nice but I didn't get the nav package so I don't use it for much. A digital radio would be a nice option cause in my opinion the small touch screen with all that plastic trim around it was pretty awful looking. Sorry if I offend anyone. The HD radio is in and out more than a cocker spaniel. Clearly the designers never thought anyone would need to get anything out of the arm rest at nite since they failed to add a dome light. The map lights just don't cut it. The over abundance of door pockets does not make up for the lack of storage under the back seat. My Ram had storage bins built into the floor. I know there are under seat bins you can buy after market but it would be nice to have if you flipped up the seats you wouldn't have to figure out what to do with a plastic bin of tie downs and bungie cords. I haven't heard many people commenting on the paint in these forums maybe I'm one of few who has issues. There are what I would call more than an acceptable amount of spots where there is debris under the paint and it seems like easily chips out. I understand rocks and salt will chip the paint but it seems to be all over not just the front of the truck. The mirrors are kind of small but I have been used to the massive flip up tow mirrors on the Ram. The locking tail gate is nice but why should I have to spend almost $200 to buy an electric lock so when I hit my remote it locks and unlocks with the rest of the truck.

I know this is kind of a rant about what I'm picky about. I would still buy another one in a heart beat and recommend all of my friends to get one. I just think when you leave with a $35000 truck they could have done a few things different. Especially since they're saving money building them south of the border.

post-129112-140399071604_thumb.jpg

Traded a 2011Ram bighorn for the the double cab 4.3 v6 sle z71 package....love the gas milage 22.3 mpg imperial that's #1 for me....the ride is nicer on a smooth roads than the Ram,but on a bumpy road it transfers to the cab.A couple of small things no vents to the back seat or convenient cup holders,not a deal breaker.Overall a real nice truck.Oh ya one small problem,my wife loves to drive this truck seems to fit her better than the ram which she hated driving.

2014 Silverado Crew Z71 LT 5.3 3.08

Not at all, GPS malfunctions, my link malfunctions, transmission waits till you have the pedal floored to down shift then goes 4 gears, drive by wire pedal will not accelerate if you have cruise on then decides you want 7500 rpm and 1st gear at 70 mph to pass someone instead of a single gear downshift and 2500 rpm, CAN NOT ADD FACTORY TRAILER BRAKE CONTROLLER(WTF!!!!)my only choice was to pay 5k extra to get a different truck that had it "from the factory". The inverter has gone out 3 times after the first one that never worked, same with my horn, only have the high tone, radio reception is equivalent to a 80's Walkman (actually that is derogatory to the Walkman). Fuel mileage is advertised as 23 mpg highway, if I set the a cruise at 65-70 and let the truck do it's thing, 17mpg is the best I can get, even at 55 and cruise 20 is the best. Granted I'm not paying for premium fuel anymore and that helps the math, but when you are expecting 23 and get 17 that is a flat out LIE!!!

And the cherry on top, it's smoking at start up, bluish smoke(oil). With 15000 miles. And the dealers all tell me "that's normal"

Really ???? I had an 2012 Acura TL, everything worked perfectly everytime I drove it, it ran perfect never had a single issue in 95000 miles, didn't smoke or burn oil.

I have had nothing but regret after the first few weeks with this POS, 6 months in I would trade it for the FORD I should have bought in the first place if I wouldn't lose so much money . My other newest Chevy (98 Z71Tahoe with 225k) on it ran better and smoked less.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's a nice looking truck, and I like the fuel economy but the highway vibration takes away all the good this truck has. The V4 mode driving, and trans shift is annoyng but livable. The "pung" noise coming from the rear on mine and several others is a negative. The poor radio reception is mind boggling. I had to lock open the exhaust flapper valve to get rid of a very annoying whistle sound it was making. I dont mind the recalls as they get fixed when you bring the truck in but there are too many issues with these trucks that there doesn't appear to be a fix for. Personally, I feel it's a shame because this truck could have been GM's crown jewel if not for a few unfixable problems that have been plaquing owners for almost a year now. As an aside, 23 mpg is completely unobtainable for more than a short trip but 20 mpg is if you try hard at it. Auto makers should try to be honest when publishing fuel economy stats. Another small complain that may not effect everyone is, the angle of the back seat is liek a 90 degree angle..very uncomfortable for anyone sitting back there (double cab). A child in a car seat is very uncomfortable looking, it's unfortunate that there couldn't be more of a angle there to aid with back seat comfort.

Archived