How satisfied are you with your 2014 GM truck?

Poll: How many love their trucks vs hate their trucks?  

1,045 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

, 23 mpg is completely unobtainable for more than a short trip but 20 mpg is if you try hard at it.

I 100% agree. I have really worked to get that 23, and the best I've been able to accomplish for a 50 mile trip is 20.2..... Extremely easy on the throttle, coast down hills, still 20.2 is pretty dang good for a 5,000 lb truck. I'm averaging 17.3 combined city/hiway, which is 1 mpg better than my 2013 Silverado that I traded in.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a nice looking truck, and I like the fuel economy but the highway vibration takes away all the good this truck has. The V4 mode driving, and trans shift is annoyng but livable. The "pung" noise coming from the rear on mine and several others is a negative. The poor radio reception is mind boggling. I had to lock open the exhaust flapper valve to get rid of a very annoying whistle sound it was making. I dont mind the recalls as they get fixed when you bring the truck in but there are too many issues with these trucks that there doesn't appear to be a fix for. Personally, I feel it's a shame because this truck could have been GM's crown jewel if not for a few unfixable problems that have been plaquing owners for almost a year now. As an aside, 23 mpg is completely unobtainable for more than a short trip but 20 mpg is if you try hard at it. Auto makers should try to be honest when publishing fuel economy stats. Another small complain that may not effect everyone is, the angle of the back seat is liek a 90 degree angle..very uncomfortable for anyone sitting back there (double cab). A child in a car seat is very uncomfortable looking, it's unfortunate that there couldn't be more of a angle there to aid with back seat comfort.

I forgot about the fact that over 70 there is horrendous vibration, so bad it makes the cups in my console shake, the Ping/pung/clang that the rear end makes occasionally.

With so many problems on a truck that costs what it costs. It's easy to get blinded by the rage that starts deep in your bowels because you were bent over so far, after the purchase by poor service, complete lack of government motors giving a $)~(¡+.

That and why 10qts of full synthetic?

That's over $100 just for fake hair gel. Give me the Dino juice.

And complaining about comfort... The front seat is not quite lined up behind the steering wheel, the seats are uncomfortable, my Tahoe was like driving a lazyboy,

Why no rear AC ducts? It it because the AC is pretty much inadequate to cool a regular cab to a respectable temperature in Alaska in the winter much less a CrewCab to below 80 in 90degree weather in the South. Even though it sounds like you cranked up a Tim Allen modified Leafblower in the cab?

User interface on the radio... Not user friendly. Not easy to use, or find anything. LAAAAAAAGGGGGGYYYYYY. It's 2 seconds after I touch it before it responds.

The Gps system doesn't have roads that my 2012 Acura had in it and the FASTEST way just led us over an HOUR out of the way on vacation for the fourth.

GPS stops giving directions usually at the point in your trip where you need to turn or it's a 50 mile round trip across the long Ponchatrain bridge before you can pull a Uturn. Yeah that happened, if I could've ripped it out of the dash I would've polluted the lake with it.

Bluetooth can only be resynced by stopping and shutting the motor off after a random call.

The Voice Activation tells me it cannot be utilized for the language in use. Tried all three available (I speak English/French my wife speaker English/Spanish/French she's hot and a polyglot ) had to disconnect the battery to get that to work again.

The dealers can't program it for a tire size other that what came on it from the factory.

Yeah I made a mistake by buying it, we've all dated that one hot girl who was bat

$)-(¡+ crazy and burned our stuff in the street when we broke up with her, or maybe that was just me.

Just rolled over 10k miles last week on vacation in Northern Michigan. I spent about 16 hours in the truck throughout the trip, round trip miles driven 780, little less than two tanks of gas. I never got sick of being in the truck, it was great on the highway!

Just roller over 10k miles last week on vacation in Northern Michigan. I spent about 16 hours in the truck throughout the trip, round trip miles driven 780, little less than two tanks of gas. I never got sick of being in the truck, it was great on the highway!

So glad to read this post, especially with all the bitching about how terrible the '14 trucks are! Vibrations, recalls, radio, seats, on and on and on.

Personally, I'm like you. Not even one complaint. And I think we are in the majority! :thumbs:

So glad to read this post, especially with all the bitching about how terrible the '14 trucks are! Vibrations, recalls, radio, seats, on and on and on.

Personally, I'm like you. Not even one complaint. And I think we are in the majority! :thumbs:

Have a coworker that bought a Sierra AT the same week I bought my Silverado. Same truck except without the sat nav. and I have 18" wheels(didn't want to pay 2k for new tires every 18 months) he has 20". His is great, except for the mileage also not being near 23 mine however has been a POS I feel like I was sold a bill of goods. The quality has not been what others have gotten.

Have a coworker that bought a Sierra AT the same week I bought my Silverado. Same truck except without the sat nav. and I have 18" wheels(didn't want to pay 2k for new tires every 18 months) he has 20". His is great, except for the mileage also not being near 23 mine however has been a POS I feel like I was sold a bill of goods. The quality has not been what others have gotten.

Yeah it's hard to understand this the extreme love/hate of these trucks. There's no middle ground. How can some trucks be the best vehicle they've ever owned and others, built in the same factory, are the worst???

It has to come down to quality control.

QC is definitely an issue, I get that a truck these days is basically @15 laptops, a @400hp motor and a cargo space you can ride in. But if you engineer these things as a business and have for a long time. You should make something that works every time for everyone UNLESS it is used outside of it designed parameters. Then well that's on the abuser. If bridges had the failure rate of a 2014 GM truck, there would be a lot of dead people.

I think it comes down to cost cutting and trying to do anything to get better fuel mileage but at what expense? Reliability? To me that's not a good trade.

I have no idea, swapped to my third dealer today, they are taking it in Monday and getting me a loaner, here's hoping they exorcise some gremlins. The service guy couldn't believe the list of issues until I had him sit in the drivers seat. He just shook his head as he took it all in.

One thing that is not QC is the inability to add features. IE FACTORY trailer brake controller. When the wiring harness is there to plug into the extra bits.

And the usability of the MyLink system, that was piss poor engineering/programming.

Very satisfied with both of my Silverado's.

Wow!! You purchased 2.

You might have to rent space at the service department or purchase a house next door before it's all over. I couldn't image having 2 like the one I currently own.

Mine has been great. dbl cab 4x4 5.3L. Not one issue, and I'm VERY picky. Solid truck. Looks great, drives great rides great. Nice paint. Loads of power. Good fuel mileage. Not one rattle, bump, or squeak. Very quiet. You can barely hear it idle sitting in the cab.

Mine has been great. dbl cab 4x4 5.3L. Not one issue, and I'm VERY picky. Solid truck. Looks great, drives great rides great. Nice paint. Loads of power. Good fuel mileage. Not one rattle, bump, or squeak. Very quiet. You can barely hear it idle sitting in the cab.

I wish I could say that.

Maybe the CrewCabs are having more issues then the DoubleCabs?

Can you honestly say that you have no issues with shifting or delayed throttle response?

Yes. No issues. I did have nasty throttle lag, taking about 1/3 pedal to get rolling, but I did a 30 min fuse pull and that took care of it. I pulled #34,39,43,51 in the engine compartment fuse box for ~30 mins, then drove it like I stole it for awhile until it re-learned the driveability parameters.

It's been fine since then.

The throttle issue can be a problem if it's babied along while it's in LEARN mode. My 2010 Camaro was the same way. Woke right up. Both will lay rubber whenever I want.

Yes. No issues. I did have nasty throttle lag, taking about 1/3 pedal to get rolling, but I did a 30 min fuse pull and that took care of it. I pulled #34,39,43,51 in the engine compartment fuse box for ~30 mins, then drove it like I stole it for awhile until it re-learned the driveability parameters.

The throttle issue can be a problem if it's babied along while it's in LEARN mode. My 2010 Camaro was the same way. Woke right up. Both will lay rubber whenever I want.

Not one issue with my new truck either...

I never had throttle lag, even from day one. Maybe it's because I drove it like I stole it when I was leaving the dealer's lot!!! :lol::thumbs:

Not one issue with my new truck either...

I never had throttle lag, even from day one. Maybe it's because I drove it like I stole it when I was leaving the dealer's lot!!! :lol::thumbs:

I'm going to try the fuse pull, thanks for identifying which fuses need to be pulled.

I am glad to hear that you guys are enjoying your ride!

Mine was basically free so I can't complain. No actual issues yet and I love the new styling

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

We're all dying to know..... how do you get a free truck? Raffle winner??? :cheers:

Archived