How satisfied are you with your 2014 GM truck?

Poll: How many love their trucks vs hate their trucks?  

1,045 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We're all dying to know..... how do you get a free truck? Raffle winner??? :cheers:

Haha actually I hit a hole in one at a golf tournament. Local Chevy dealer was sponsoring the hole

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha actually I hit a hole in one at a golf tournament. Local Chevy dealer was sponsoring the hole

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Pretty nice prize... New Chevy Truck! :thumbs:

Nice just read a jalopnik article today about a guy who did it and they wouldn't give him the $66k Kia at the hole. He got a 25k check for a Kia or ford. Now he is suing for bait and switch

Ryan

Yes. No issues. I did have nasty throttle lag, taking about 1/3 pedal to get rolling, but I did a 30 min fuse pull and that took care of it. I pulled #34,39,43,51 in the engine compartment fuse box for ~30 mins, then drove it like I stole it for awhile until it re-learned the driveability parameters.

It's been fine since then.

The throttle issue can be a problem if it's babied along while it's in LEARN mode. My 2010 Camaro was the same way. Woke right up. Both will lay rubber whenever I want.

Any idea how long it takes for LEARN mode to complete.

So a short update, Chevy took my truck yesterday and after much headache "rented" me a Chevy Silverado from enterprise.

This POS is doing some of the same things. Vibration that allows me to make James Bond a martini, poor fuel mileage(stock 3.08 2wd not getting what my 3.08 4wd with ATs gets????) Bluetooth not working unless uou delete and repair each time(iPhone 5), voice activation not functioning, only high tone horn works. I feel like the Chevy is Danny DeVito's character from the movie twins, all the crap left over, my coworkers GMC is problem free other than poor fuel mileage.

So a short update, Chevy took my truck yesterday and after much headache "rented" me a Chevy Silverado from enterprise.

This POS is doing some of the same things. Vibration that allows me to make James Bond a martini, poor fuel mileage(stock 3.08 2wd not getting what my 3.08 4wd with ATs gets????) Bluetooth not working unless uou delete and repair each time(iPhone 5), voice activation not functioning, only high tone horn works. I feel like the Chevy is Danny DeVito's character from the movie twins, all the crap left over, my coworkers GMC is problem free other than poor fuel mileage.

Poor fuel mileage mentioned twice, but if you read the thread below, you'll find that almost all of the posters are getting between 18-23 mpg (mine included) I've only read or heard of a handful of people complaining of poor fuel mileage. This is one of the strong points of this truck - fuel economy.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/152976-2014-gas-mileage-mpg-topic/

Poor fuel mileage mentioned twice, but if you read the thread below, you'll find that almost all of the posters are getting between 18-23 mpg (mine included) I've only read or heard of a handful of people complaining of poor fuel mileage. This is one of the strong points of this truck - fuel economy.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/152976-2014-gas-mileage-mpg-topic/

when the window sticker says 23 and the best I can hyper mile is 18.1 that is POOR fuel mileage. Especially when it averages 17 on the interstate empty, hard tounuea at 70 with the cruise set.

That is my 4wd with factory size BFG ATs.

20-21 would be acceptable I get 23 is ideal conditions. But 17 is piss poor.

Only time I broke 20mpg on the last 25 miles is coming DOWN the cherohola skyway. I got 24 but like I said DOWNHILL.

I bought the truck based on the mileage vs the F150 V8 and it's not really doing any better vs a coworkers 2011 Ford.

My lifetime average is 15.3 .... 17254 miles 347 hrs and 85% of that is interstate. I also don't let it sit and run with the remote start.

On Dino gas not moonshine

These trucks vibrate at highway speeds. No fix! I have had 3 different sets of wheels and tires. GM needs to address this issue. I have been through one buy back and now on my second truck. It's a shame to spend $50K and not want to drive your truck. Very disappointed.

I had 12 sets of tires and a different set of wheels on mine. This loaner has the factory tires and wheels it vibrates at interstate speed ie 70

This is a thread that is asking are you satisfied and why. I am expressing why I am not satisfied with my truck. I am extremely disappointed in what I purchased because it is not what I was sold. It did not vibrate at first it didn't smoke when I bought it and everything worked for the first 1000 miles or so then I felt like parts started falling off of it as I drove. The first dealer actually told me "the fuel mileage improves after it breaks in" I knew he was full of it so I went to a second dealer who was also full of crap and now hopefully third times a charm.

I am NOT satisfied and I have listed the reasons why, I am not saying everytruck has these issues. Mine does and I'd like them fixed after I paid what I paid for it. I feel like Chevy is telling me "Well that's just the way it's built sorry it doesn't work the way it is supposed to but you bought it now you can deal with it we don't want it clogging our service bay because we really have no idea what is wrong with it."

I have called GM and complained about the dealers and the issues and they just tell me "Please contact your local dealer" after I have explained to them that I have and that they are not helpful and that is the very reason I am calling GM.

This is the last GM I will ever purchase and it was my 5th in the last 15years. I have had such a horrible experience, I tell everyone that asks do not buy GM.

If you're going to produce something produce a quality product don't halfa$$ it and lay it of on the consumer, do it right and service it right. Service is where the dealerships make their money anyway.

Still happy as a pig in poo with mine, it's comfy, roomy, well put together and gets great mileage. Its also quieter than any vehicle I have had, much rather drive this than the wife's new Cadillac!

when the window sticker says 23 and the best I can hyper mile is 18.1 that is POOR fuel mileage. Especially when it averages 17 on the interstate empty, hard tounuea at 70 with the cruise set.

That is my 4wd with factory size BFG ATs.

20-21 would be acceptable I get 23 is ideal conditions. But 17 is piss poor.

Only time I broke 20mpg on the last 25 miles is coming DOWN the cherohola skyway. I got 24 but like I said DOWNHILL.

I bought the truck based on the mileage vs the F150 V8 and it's not really doing any better vs a coworkers 2011 Ford.

My lifetime average is 15.3 .... 17254 miles 347 hrs and 85% of that is interstate. I also don't let it sit and run with the remote start.

On Dino gas not moonshine

Doesn't matter if your BFG's were one size under factory size. They are considerably heavier than any of the stock tires and take more force to turn. THAT is why you see the less than advertised gas mileage.

Archived