In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

GMT-900 Heated Mirror Inoperative

Just noticed driving today that my passenger side heated mirror has stopped working. I assume I must replace the glass to fix it? Is there any other potential cause for one side to stop working? I won't be too happy having to replace a $200+ mirror glass 6 months out of warranty.

There's an actuator inside the mirror push the glass all the way to the top and insert a flat head screw driver in and carefully pry up and the plastic backing holding the glass should pop out of the actuator. There should be a couple small plugs that plug into the back which is the adhesive that holds the glass that is what warms the mirror.

sent from my truck in a field