In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
480Ruger

Complete Clear Bra for the Front End

I looked back 12 pages and tried searching with no luck. Has anyone done this to protect the painted bumper and front edge of the hood? What brand did you use and did you have it installed or DIY? Thanks

3m is hard to beat for quality! Have a local shop give you a quote. Application and prep work are a key in the lifetime of this stuff.

My dealer has a lifetime warranty on clear bra, so I ran with that knowing in 3-5 years it will need replaced!!

Paid $150 installed

Edited by scoobyd3w

I def need to add this to my To-Do list. Not even to 12,000 miles yet and already two pocks/chips on the hood.

How difficult are the DIY clear bras with regards to making sure no air bubbles, wrinkles, etc..?

Edited by MotoMedic

Had Xpel Ultimate put on mine on Friday. No wrinkles or bubbles. You have to look at it from the fender side to even see it. Since my bumper and mirrors are chrome, they only did the painted parts - did the hood front and 22" on the top and sides (fenders), total 24" in a curved "bikini cut". And then the painted portion between the grill and bumper. It looks awesome. Had 3M on other cars and truck. Xpel is not supposed to yellow, somethings different. We'll see...

Edited by chuckl1218

I have the Xpel Ultimate on mine. Drove directly from the dealer to the detailer to have it put on.

Had a "custom" wrap (not the pre-cut) on the bumper, grill, headlights, front 1/3 of hood & fenders. It wasn't cheap, at least not what I'd consider cheap, but everything was hand cut and wrapped around all the edges. I'm very happy with it, it's only been a month though. Love that I can only see the film line at certain angles and I'm not afraid to scratch it when I grab the detailer spray to get rid of a bug/bird dump.

I live in Montana where the roads can be really harsh! My clear bra has already paid itself off 10 fold IMO. Recommend combining with bug deflector for optimal protection!!

I had my front end done as well with X-Pel. It looks like nothing is there, but if you look close you can see it.

I was surprised that they did the door cups and put a strip down the door edges.

Very professional job.

I hope it is worth it.

Only time will tell.

Thanks
Randall

I'm having the XPEL put on this weekend. Hope I don't get any chips between now and then.

What kind of cost was your guys' xpel? I'm interested in xpel ultimate on the entire front of truck to include hood and fenders.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

$500.00 is what I think I paid.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I got the the front bumper, not including the plastic bumper cover above the bumper and I got a 5inch strip on the hood for 240