In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
blinn61

WARRANTY

So few months back I bought a 2013 Silverado. I was wanting to put a leveling kit and dual exhaust. The big Q is will this void my warranty????

Leveling kit may void the warranty on front end components but some folks here have still been able to get balljoints and such covered. Exhaust, assuming it's a cat-back setup shouldn't cause any problems provided it's installed properly and not run too close to anything heat-sensitive.

• Like 1

Tip... Have the dealer install the level kit or at least have them align it less of a chance at them voiding warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All depends on how anal the dealer wants to be.

Sent from my LGL86C using Tapatalk

All depends on how anal the dealer wants to be. Sent from my LGL86C using Tapatalk

There are some dealers that really like anal.

:)

Thanx for that guys apparently my dealers around here are dicks they say anything will void warranty. And that's what I bought the truck for haha

Edited by blinn61

Yeah, it seems that some think any modification, even if done correctly, will compromise part durability and reliability. Are you including the exhaust as well, I can't imagine a simple cat-back exhaust voiding any warranty. I'm sure technically any warranty states that the vehicle must not be modified in any way or it will void the warranty. My truck has a leveling kit(bought it that way) but it drives and handles just like a truck with no lift. Its basically only a 2" lift just so you can go with one size bigger tires and get the front end the same height as the rear. I think that should be the factory configuration anyway. Why set up a suspension where the front is noticeably lower than the rear? I suppose that if you load your truck up to full capacity with a heavy load in the bed or a heavy trailer tongue weight then the rear will squat enough that they will even out but most people don't do that very often.

The guy told me changing mufflers mean changing back pressure which = voided warranty haha but I think I'm gonna do the stuff anyway I have the truck now just to get it how I want it...