In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
Crf450r420

Charging port outputs?

I have a 2015 which was in a flood so not sure if mine is different than yours. When I plug my 110 charger in I can hear a little whine or something from what must be the inverter which seems to be behind the drivers side fuse panel about your left knee in height. With the USB ports I cannot get my ipad to charge or light up when plugged in. They will power an iphone 6.

I drop my iPad in the slot and set my iPhone on the console - both plugged in to the USB inside the console, and they both appear to charge fine. At least to meet my needs.

This has been an interesting topic.  If I’ve been reading correctly;  USB ports put out 1.0 amp and cigarette lighter ports put out 2.0 amps?  Next question how do you measure amperage output to the device?  Is there a feature device or app that shows this?  Thanks for any info.   

Do a search on eBay for usb testers.

Thanks.  Going to order one shortly.  There are a lot of choices though.  Do you have one and mind sharing the brand?  Much appreciated, SB

I don't have one. You could go to Amazon and read reviews for ones there. One note, you will see that many(actually quite a few) are identical but under different brand names or by different sellers. They are the same. The case colors may change and the display color different but again, they are the same. Pay attention to the display.

Thanks.  Yeh, I’ve been looking at Amazon.  And, you’re right about the component level being the same on most.  I do kinda like one that has the USB receptical on a pigtail.  Don’t have to contort one’s head to see the display.  I’ll probably buy that one.  

On 4/14/2014 at 11:51 PM, Crf450r420 said:

The reviews say you can change an iPad with the USB ports which take 2 amps, but my Note 3 phone also takes 2 amp charger. Yet when I charge with these ports I only get .5 amps. I am using an adapter from my old truck in the center console now to charge my phone. Anyone else getting a good change from the front 3 ports. LTZ model, so may not be the same on all.

Now the other question I have and could never find. What is the watt rating of the AC inverter?

Thanks

On my 2016, I see up to 1.5A on the USB port charging iphone.

IMG_7390.JPG

IMG_7393.JPG