Slot above the headlight switch ??

There is a horizontal slot opening above the headlamp switch. Is there a purpose to it ? Maybe some sort of option my truck doesn't have ?

Damm !! wrong forum ! Sorry

Yotaman

Edited by Yotaman

Credit card no but if I had a access card for a secured lot or something I could see it being useful. But to be its a moot point since mine would the the brake controller.

• Like 1

Funny feature that is not in the brochure or anywhere "official GM" that I could find. Even salesman joked about it, but he said he uses it for his credit card while at drive in windows LOL.

I actually used mine for a parking entrance card (non-payment, access only). After acess, I hide it in console as always. Feature, maybe, but if I have to search for a use, then it is really useless to me...

There's a JL1 trailer brake controller in mine :D

Yes, mine has one also, above the slot. The slot in discussion is between the brake controller and the light switch on 2 WD models. It is where the 4 WD controller is on 4 WD models. See pic below

post-106333-13980454169_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD