Anyone try the New K&N Blackhawk dry filter? -pics-

If you get it really wet your toast and going to hydrolock the motor. If you do lots of off-roading get a snorkel

Im 18 and i have a k&n and i will NOT go mudding anymore because it looks too good and cant get wet

I've had K&N FIPK kits on 3 prev trucks. Great filters.

I live in Reno, NV at 4300 feet above sealevel and often go into the mountains at much higher elevation. So I need all the air I can get.

Don't mud unless I have to.

I was just wondering what a dry filter does when it gets wet from engine splash driving through rain.

Open top filters like that would seem to be more prone to getting splashed. I prefer the closed box type like the volant, or use an Airaid MIT and your stock box with a good drop in filter.

I have this set up and love it. Gives the motor a nice tone and sounds great when match with magnaflow exhaust. Also after install was getting an average of 14.6 miles per gallon and now getting 15.8 mpg. Also take off is better and high rpm kick down is a lot better. I recommend it....

• 2 weeks later...

I have this set up and love it. Gives the motor a nice tone and sounds great when match with magnaflow exhaust. Also after install was getting an average of 14.6 miles per gallon and now getting 15.8 mpg. Also take off is better and high rpm kick down is a lot better. I recommend it....

You have this Blackhawk dry filter? Supposed to pull more air, but it looks a little smaller than the regular oiled K&N.

I have a Magnaflow on my truck now and wanted to finish it with putting this on the front end.

Kinda spendy so I'm kicking around an Airaid MIT tube, modding the stock box and putting in a K&N drop in filter.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly I don't like their filters. I would check what the microns are. That's truly what matters if you want to protect your truck.

• 1 month later...

I went with a drop in and an Airaid MIT tube. $160 total cost.

Stock box had better noise suppression

throttle response was immediately noticeable and I gained just over 1 mpg difference.

Works for me.

• 1 year later...

Archived