No blind spot bubble mirror on passenger side?

I love the fact that my 2014 Sierra Denali has the electrochromic mirror on the drivers side with the blind spot bubble mirror built in but why did they not put one on the passenger side? Makes no sense to me. Wonder if GM will make a replacement glass for them.

I agree it makes no sense but I doubt they will make them as a add-on for the passenger side unless they upgrade the future model years. Tow mirrors have blind spot glass on the bottom of them that works great. There's a thread floating around here somewhere with blind spot pics

*EDIT*

Here's the link

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/153826-tow-mirrors/

Edited by Full Lock

and so do properly adjusted mirrors. Even with such, I still miss some on drivers side but not so much on right side. Even with good mirrors, I still double check with a quick glance.

Honda accord has a nice feature. When your right turn signal is on, Like in changing lanes, the small camera on the right mirror is activated and shows the area in the center stack screen. It is wide angle and you see everything to the right.

I have always added the “Blind Spot Mirrors” to my truck mirrors on both sides, I always put a larger one on the passenger side for 2 reasons, 1.) I have found that i only use the blind spot mirror on the passenger side, 2.) Because it is further away than the riverside it is easier to see objects in if it is larger.

As far as the factory “Bubble” goes,… not a big fan of it because I think it is too small and I have not tried to apply a stick on similar to the one’s I have used in the past for fear of it just falling off because of th existing “Bubble”. That said, I will probably try to apply one tonight and see what happens. Maybe shave out th adhesive where the factory bubble will sit behind it to get it to stick as much as possible to the flat section.

It is stupid that they didn't put a blind spot mirror on the passenger side. But, overall I find the one on the driver side to be too small anyway. This is my 3rd truck I've owned in 10 years and like the last 2 trucks, I went to AutoZone or Advanced Auto and bought the 3 or 4 inch stick on blind spot mirrors. Those are the best investment for any vehicle in my opinion, but especially on a truck.

• Like 1

The little bubbles are better than nothing, but if you REALLY want to see what’s behind you and have a really good view of your blind spot, tow mirrors are where it’s at. There’s really no substitute.