No blind spot bubble mirror on passenger side?

If you're towing a horse trailer or box car trailer, i agree with Jon, you should have the large tow mirrors. The little standard mirrors are ok for pulling a jet ski trailer but the big mirrors are the way to go for serious towing.

I tow a 20' enclosed trailer and was looking to avoid a full time tow mirror unless they makes something comparable to what is one there now with power fold in etc.....until then, im waiting on cipa to make their clip on tow mirrors.

My whole reason for posting this originally was to wonder why GM didn't make a copy of their drivers side mirror for the passenger side. Makes no sense to me.

• 2 years later...

I guess nobody wants to hear about when passenger side mirrors were optional or when your automatic adjustment was your passenger? I find that an over the shoulder check is still the best blind-spot protection.

I guess nobody wants to hear about when passenger side mirrors were optional or when your automatic adjustment was your passenger? I find that an over the shoulder check is still the best blind-spot protection.

I lived through the 80's datsun, and remember that little triangle in the front corner of the cabin windows? Yeah i used to fin them out and enjoy the breeze

But then again the datsun didnt cost 50 k! So a blind spot mirror is fairly reasonable

• Like 1

I tow a 20' enclosed trailer and was looking to avoid a full time tow mirror unless they makes something comparable to what is one there now with power fold in etc.....until then, im waiting on cipa to make their clip on tow mirrors.

My whole reason for posting this originally was to wonder why GM didn't make a copy of their drivers side mirror for the passenger side. Makes no sense to me.

Its because the passenger mirror is alreasy convex(?). And Objects are 'closer than they appear'. Hence there is no need as you should not need it if using your mirrors properly. Most people out there do not actually have their mirrors set correctly.

I lived through the 80's datsun, and remember that little triangle in the front corner of the cabin windows? Yeah i used to fin them out and enjoy the breeze

But then again the datsun didnt cost 50 k! So a blind spot mirror is fairly reasonable

Yes these vent windows were found on all of the American cars and trucks too. Unlike vent windows I don't believe it is a cost saving rational to not put these fish eye additions to the passenger mirrors. When adjusted properly, it would be redundant. However, I am in favour of any addition that will improve the drivers' ability to see around them. You can purchase self adhesive add-ons inexpensively at most auto stores.

Dumb suggestion:

Can't one purchase a little "bubble" that adheres to a side mirror? I mean, if you reallllly want it, that would be a solution, possibly inelegant, but a solution none-the-less.

This is not meant to excuse the fact that one HAS to do this on a $50k+ vehicle, if wanted, but .... :dunno:

• 2 years later...